Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 45 ft.
Sweetwater Summit County Park is located in California
11 Reviews of Sweetwater Summit County Park
After covid, needs some work

Lots of growing tumbleweeds, several sites over run by ants. Was disappointed how little work had been done in the last month or so to clean up

Great Base Camp for SD

We were escaping the heat wave in Los Angeles (115° upon our departure)… arrived and was glad to be welcomed by 85° with a continuous breeze. Site 17 is at the end of the south loop adjacent to a driveway leading to what it appears a private property.

Great base camp to explore downtown SD.

Very Nice!

Spent a nice relaxing week at Sweetwater Summit Regional Park. And I had a very nice stay. Had a nice spacious site for my 26’ Class A, and it happened to be next to the showers. Score! Very well maintained, with a mix of RV’s, and tent campers. The family in front of me were tent campers, a couple with two little girls. They also have a bunch of horse corrals, for the trails in the area. Plenty of grass for the kids to play in, and my dog loved it, too. He hasn’t walked on nice fresh grass in a while, and he was a happy boy! The shower is a pay shower, 2 quarters for 4 minutes. The weather was perfect, with a nice breeze blowing every day I was here. It never hit 80 degrees, and we’re in July! Plenty of OTA stations, and I also set up my Dish Playmaker for the first time. Super easy! They also have free WiFi, and it’s pretty fast WiFi at that. That was a real plus, since most RV parks have slim to none available. So I downloaded a few movies, and shows off Netflix, and AppleTV, for when I have no internet, and don’t feel like watching regular TV before bed at night. The Dish will come in handy for those out of the way places that have no OTA, internet, or possibly cell service. I will definitely stay here again, any time of year. It’s nice and quiet, they have a North loop, and a South loop. The North loop has cement pads, and sewers. I was in the South loop, which didn’t have sewers. They have, what some would say, are strict rules, but that makes this place very family friendly, really nice and quiet, and all the Rangers were helpful, and very pleasant.

Nice place but ANTS

Cool little spot with some good sites with shade. They sell firewood at the front gate for $5 which isn’t bad. One bundle didn’t burn well at all and the second one was really good. There were a lot of ants on the ground. Little baby ones but quite a few. Overall the views were very nice and great hikes around the sites

Great campground

So far my family’s favorite campground in San Diego. Sites 1-60 are mostly partial sites but offer the most shade and are closest the the main playground and splash pad. A lot of the sites are pull through as well. Most of the campground is flat so it is great to walk/ ride bikes and there multiple hiking trails. Only drawback is they don’t sell firewood from what I saw at the campsite but the 7-eleven up the road has bundles for $7. Bathrooms were clean the whole weekend and showers are $1 for 16 minutes. Also, we didn’t have any bug problems besides for ants which was great. Only drawback is it sits ontop of a highway so you’ll hear that a little during the quiet parts of the day.Definitely a nice cheap weekend getaway to checkout for around $70 for the whole weekend. We’ll definitely be back

Nice views!

Took the family to the playground up here. Nice little place. Looked like it had a splash pad but it wasn't operating when we went.

Short Hike

Little loop around side of campground. Nice view of the reservoir 👌

Worth the money

went here for the first time 2 years ago and since than we've been there 2 times. The camping is good and the amenities are really clean. The bathrooms and the showers are clean and there's WIFI near them. The only draw back is that you have to pay for the showers but with $1.50 per person you can take a good quick shower.

Great Urban Full Hook Ups

We stayed one night with an trailer and a tent, it was clean, nice and well maintained. Not much to do in terms of nature settings, but if you're looking for something cheap for full hookups close to town, it's a great spot. Looked like there was fun parks for kids, we did not use them, however overall experience was clean and well maintained.

Super easy access

We visited during the questival race, campground was easy to find and easily accessible. Get away without going too far. Love it!