Fires Unknown
About Cattail Cove State Park
Cattail Cove State Park is located in Arizona
5 Reviews of Cattail Cove State Park
Gorgeous!

Lake Havasu is beautiful. This campground has amazing hiking trails that take you around the park and give spectacular views of the lake. The beach is nice, the sites are large. We will be back!

Amazing Red Rock Hiking Lakefront Camping

Cattail cove was another Havasu Campground my family frequented from 1984 to 2000 It has awesome memories of hiking along the red rocks and lake, following wild Ram through the mountainsides and finding great cliff-jumping spots into the refreshing waters in summer heats. It DOES get very hot here in the summer, so be prepared. I have been during a record 132-degree days. You stay in the water and dont get out under some shade!

Excellent swimming areas. Good docks for your boats- but make sure you have some good bouis so you dont get any damage. The restaurant / bar used to be really good. In 2012 we visited it and it was not great… but we didnt get sick. Functional store. Gas available for your boat or vehicle. Clean nice bathrooms. OK Campgrounds… clean, more-so meant for motorhomes however some pretty good tent sites in the valley area.
At night bring out your black light and look for scorpions. You'd never even know they were there if you were enjoying the night sky on the jetty. Awesome wildlife and nature. While wild burros / donkeys are more predominant on the California side of the lake you'd still be likely to see some. Skunks. Bats. Owls. Hawks. Rams, snakes (rattlers, king snakes, gophers and more though the campground maintenance is pretty good about keeping it safe). Great large mouth bass fishing, catfish and other species, crawdads, and other fun finds. I used to enjoy skin diving near the cliffs there and in coves.

Lake Havasu - Arizona State Park camping experience

Great way to afford enjoying Lake Havasu. Note this is an Arizona State Park so daily vehicle rates do apply if just visiting and/or camping. Located on the east side of Lake Havasu side in Arizona state border. California to the west separated by the Colorado River/Lake Havasu. Lake Havasu City is 19 miles away and the Parker strip is 8 miles away (Lake Havasu separated by the Parker Dam). Remember you're camping in a hot, dry desert climate and limited shade as only palm trees and small shrubs. Campground has showers and restrooms as well as RV dump station. If you're looking for a place to enjoy Lake Havasu, lounging in the water or boating, highly recommend Cattail Cove State Park. A little more remote than right in the city.

Cattail cove

This place is great for water ports but would not come here in the summer because of the heat. I did get sunburn so please bring sunblock. I did go on a night hike which was kind of scary but great. There is a lot of switch back trails. The sunset here was unbelievable and would stay here for more than a few days if possible.

Nice campground...just not in the summer!!

Cattail Cove State Park is a nice park with about 60 spaces. They are laid out nicely so you don’t feel like you’re on top of one another. The park is 90% dirt and gravel so bring shoes to wear around your site. Now I do NOT recommend going in June, July or August unless you have a boat and plan to be out all day long. Our trip they said hit record temps that day…June 118 degrees. It was so freaking hot it was unreal! I didn’t get to see the people beach as I have dogs (another HUGE positive for me is dogs are very much allowed) and do have their own “beach.” Now it’s a very very tiny beach right off the boat dock but I’m not complaining when my babies got to go swimming! The water’s edge, at least at the dog beach, is all rocks so I would totally suggest river shoes. I have to get HUGE props to both Ranger Keith and the park host Gary. We had an issue with our pop up camper and they both helped us for over an hour, in the 118 degree heat, to get it fixed! They went so far above and beyond what they had to do I was impress. They are the reason we will be back…a nice campground and even nicer rangers tops it all!! But it won’t be in the summer months ; )