About Meaher State Park
Hike In
Meaher State Park is located in Alabama
11 Reviews of Meaher State Park
Odd location but pretty park

We enjoyed several amazing sunsets from this State Park. The people working here are super friendly and we had a good time here. There are a few trails you can walk on and some places that people were out fishing. It’s in a bit of an odd location– just off the busy main road all by itself, but it isn’t far if you need to get back to town. The facilities were nice and we had a great time here!

Nice

Small, beautiful scenery, great staff, cleanest restrooms.

I can only give this place 3 stars for a few reasons. One, it was $37!!! for a primitive site that wasn't any more special than any other primitive site I've stayed in. Though having water on site was nice. Second, it was basically next to a giant parking lot, so not super scenic. Now the good stuff. Really clean, quiet, and very friendly staff. And BEAUTIFUL sun rises! I'd stay here again, but would have to look really hard for a less expensive more private spot next time.

First, but not last time visiting.

This place is awesome! My husband and I do a lot of camping and this is, by far, one if our new favorites. It is quiet, clean, friendly staff and lovely views of the bay. There are boardwalks to explore, photographs to be taken, alligators to be seen, fishing to be done, relaxing and having a good time to be had. We love this place!

Fits all your basic needs and beautiful views

This campground has large sites with both 30 and 50 amp hook ups. The sites are level concrete pads but they have this crazy ant that you have to prepare for. Bring borax or baking soda to protect your rigs from these ants.

It’s nestled next to Battleship Parkway and makes for an easy jaunt into Mobile to get dinner or check out some of the local brews/night spots. Or you can travel down the bay to check out some of the little towns along the way.

Pets are allowed but caution for the ant bait/killer stuff  on the trees/etc.

Nice location

This is a scenic campsite along the river. The tent sites are in a general area, not specific sites. It worked out well for me since I was the only renter but I imagine it could get very crowded. The facilities are clean and the staff were so nice. My one complaint is that they don’t provide fire pits for campers.

Nice

Scenic, friendly, but could use some updating.

Nice and convenient

We stayed here for a week in June and enjoyed it very much. Site was level with plenty of room for our 5th wheel and truck. Great local restaurants with seafood in nearby Spanish Fort and Fairhope. Shopping and grocery stores within 5 miles as well. All campground employees were very nice and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again.

Very close sites, on/near the Bay.

I have done tent camping at this park a couple times. All of the sites are close together and the ants are ridiculous. I had read reviews about the ants prior so I came prepared. Each site has a picnic table & fire ring. There is a boat launch, which is popular, a pier and also 2 cabins that you can rent. This is a popular park for RV's. And of course there is a shower house & covered picnic tables.

I chose a specific site with water view which was enjoyable. The street lights throughout the park are very bright, so if you're light sensitive when you sleep, use a darker tent. All the sites have power & water hookups.

Mobile Delta camping

This park is in the middle of the delta, giving easy access to the water and lovely views. Trails are short but the boardwalk connecting the two parts of the park is incredible. Plan to spend your time on the water.

About a quarter of the sites are right next to the water. There are have a few furnished cabins on the water as well. The sites are shady and sparsely wooded.

Yay: Great simple little sites, clean, good wildlife, nice little park, fishing from the pier if you don’t have a boat.

Nay: The park is between two highways, but we didn’t notice the noise.

Surprise: The people camping next to us caught so many fish they invited us to their BBQ and on a sunset cruise.