We stayed in the Upper Campground in the site closest to the equestrian campground. The kids loved being able to meet & visit with the horses.
The sites were a good size, but not much privacy or tree coverage in the area we stayed. There were a lot of trails to hike and a river/stream that they said you could wade/swim in, but we didn't go into it.
There were a lot of playgrounds, and one really huge one the kids wanted to play on, but with COVID-19 still going strong, we didn't use it.
* The campsites were heavily wooded with lots of privacy
* Very quiet -- didn't hear much noise from neighbors!
* Nice hiking trails
* The beach was pretty unimpressive. The kiddos were grossed out by the water & didn't want to swim
* A long, but pleasant, walk to a beautiful waterfall. Lots of streams and small pools of water, as well as large boulders, for the kids to explore.
* We didn't use the beach, but it looked nicer than most we've seen in WI state parks.
* The campgrounds were large and wooded.
* Lots of bees this weekend, for some reason. Perhaps due to all the wildflowers blooming!
* Not as much privacy between sites as we'd like
* We saw quite a few younger party groups with louder music and drinking games