- Great job marketing and managing the 3 Dunes Challenge. Loved the shirts and the vinyl stickers (available for purchase at the Visitor's Center).
- Clean park with not a lot of trash to pick up
- Felt safe with lots of COVID masks and face coverings by both staff and guests
- Nature Center and camp store was not staffed for a few days we were there (we were told due to budget cuts and COVID).
- Some staff appeared to be more interested in their phones than greeting us and answering questions.
Beautiful lake with geese nesting areas and great fishing opportunities. Calm waters for kayaking.
Since July 2020, the Governor of the State of Indiana has mandated face coverings in indoor areas and in outside spaces where social distancing is not possible (and signs are posted everywhere). During our three-day-stay, we did not see any DNR staff at the gatehouse, the campground store, or a conservation officer complying with wearing a mask. In addition, most campground guests were not wearing them either.
In addition, this park is listed as participating in the Explore Indiana pin program but no one seemed to know anything about it. We did the work to earn it but were not able to add it to our collection.