- The views are amazing.
- Almost no light pollution. You can see so many stars at night.
- Walking distance to the lake/beach
- The beach area is gorgeous with lots of smooth sand and cool red rock formations.
- There is a restaurant in the park that has decent food.
- They have a place the rent sea doos, boats, UTVs, etc. Although I read that they are very particular about charging extra fees, and that the equipment is old. I won’t judge this review based on those comments because I did not have personal experiences with this.
- It appears that this is the place to be for riding trails. There are so many off road vehicles running around it’s unbelievable. I wish I would have done more research ahead of time and enjoyed this about the park while we were there.
- The cookies we bought at the restaurant had mold inside of them. They were quick to refund the money, but that entire restaurant is run by teenagers and they literally said nothing to me when I showed it to them. They just counted my money and handed it back to me.
- No one was wearing a mask at the restaurant during this pandemic, and they were not taking it very seriously.
- The park closes at 9 and you have to be inside the park before it closes. They will lock you out.
Overall, I wanted to rank this park high because it’s a phenomenal park. The biggest issues were at the restaurant and it doesn’t appear to be affiliated with the park.
- Basketball half court
- Small playground for kids
- Corn hole area
- Community fire pit area
- Laundry available- 1.50-3.00 per load depending on light vs. heavy wash load
- Nice restrooms and showers
- Clubhouse with accessories and snacks
- Clean grounds
- Flat/low slope roads for the kids to ride their bikes
- New blacktop
- Everything is as it should be
- There are HUGE pull through sites available. Most are regular size, but they have some really large luxurious sites available.
- Dog runs available
- Friendly Staff
- Right off the highway. But with the fans (white noise) running in our camper, I only heard a semi once while I was sleeping. We were also in the row farthest from the road.
- Our campsite electric hookup was a little farther up than I was used to. We were still able to make due, but it caught me off guard because I had to move twice.
- Almost no grass/landscaping. Everything is pea gravel. Not a big con, but worth mentioning.
The site itself looks brand new. Everything is up to date, and there were no issues at all.
Pictures don’t do it justice, there plenty of nature here to enjoy the outdoors!
The site we stayed at was very level.
Staff policies are strictly enforced. Make sure you don’t forget to turn on your key cards at the end of your stay or you will be charged $25 per card.
MOSQUITOS! The first and last night we stayed the mosquitos were so bad we couldn’t be outside. There were two nights in between that it was tolerable. I went out on the dock one night to fish and they were so thick it was impossible to not get bit by them.
Overall this was a very nice stay, and we would stay here again!