Looking for winter Campgrounds in PA and W. Virginia

Looking for campgrounds that are open this winter in PA, and WV.

Spent some time looking. It’s definitely difficult to find anyplace.

Here’s one in PA: https://thedyrt.com/camping/pennsylvania/pennsylvania-french-creek-state-park
And WV: https://thedyrt.com/camping/west-virginia/abrams-creek-campground-and-retreat-center

Hope that helps!

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for looking into this for me. I really appreciate you taking the time to do some research, that’s actually awesome. I’m a brand new member to the Dyrt, and getting a response like yours on the first day confirms that this is a great community to be a part of. It actually moved me to upgrade to Pro and put some money behind it. My wife and I are planning a trip in our converted shuttle bus from Burke Vermont to Townsend TN next month and were looking for a night over or two along the way.
I think I’ll reach out to the Dyrt developers and see if there is any way they can put in a filter for something like “Open Year Round”, or something like that.
Again, I appreciate your reply.
Jim

1 Like

Yeah, in the east, open campgrounds can be tough to find in the winter. We’re in VA, and I’ve been looking at state parks. Sometimes you have to do a lot of digging on their websites to find out they only rent cabins in the winter :frowning: I, too, would like that “Open Year Round” filter!

3 Likes

I believe the KOA at Harpers Ferry is open all year.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been doing a lot of digging. I guess it’s been giving me the ability to get familiar with more places :slight_smile: I did reach out to the fine people at Dyrt about adding a filter and got a very quick reply from Millie. She said, among other things, “…we are working on some updates to the website this winter that will better address availability.”

Hi Joel, thanks for your suggestion. Harpers is open and that is probably where we’ll stay.
Jim

Hickory Run State Park in PA. The state park is beautiful and has some really cool trails

1 Like