- You can get a VERY large site that easily fits 3 tents.
- The area is lovely and the people in the area are really nice too.
- There is a lake across the street where you can paddle, swim, etc… (free to campers)
- The showers are free and the water is usually warm.
- True, there are cows on the farm hill… but I think that's nice.
- If you go during the week the place is a ghost town.
- True, there are skunks and other animals that are residents and they are prolific.
- True, the bathrooms are usually unclean, they run out of tissue, there is only 1 shower for the entire bathroom AND they clean them right when people are waking and need to pee (between 7-8).
- True, people drive too fast on the road between the campground and lake AND in the campground.
- The recycling and garbage truck will wake you around 6-7 am.
- I would never camp here on a weekend…. it is a party place then.
- True, the people who work there have lots of arbitrary rules (like you may not tie ANYTHING to trees) but they don't follow through on the important ones like drinking and quiet times.
Truly, it's a lovely place but I'm not sure that you couldn't find better. I like Lake Waramaug for a large group during the week… otherwise, I'd pass.