Wall Covering Question

I am in the process of joining the van world… so naturally I have been doing my research and have seen a lot of different options for wall covering. My question to everyone is what works best for you? I will be in a smaller van so don’t want to lose a lot of my space building out an infrastructure but want it to look nice on the inside as I will be in it and want it to be my home on wheels.

Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for but we started with a cargo van and had a custom build to make it a camper van. Very important is sufficient insulation, which when it dips below freezing will be appreciated! Our builder did an excellent job of this and of finishing it to make it look “nice”. Good luck with your van. I’ll take some pics of ours when it is out of the garage and on the road next week and post them.

1 Like

that is what I am looking for!!! I will be taking quite a bit of time to build it and am looking to do something that doesn’t reduce my spacing very much as I picked up an NV200 for a micro camper, perfect space for me traveling alone. Cannot wait to see your photos!!!

@Bunny

Here are two pictures of the interior of the van. The cabinetry was made of Corian with hollowed out doors to reduce weight. Countertops are also made of Corian. One of the best features is the slide-out spice rack (better than I have at home!) The drawers have the push-button locks so they stay in place when the van is in motion. The accordion sliders have worked well because there is access even when the seat is in the upright position. Let us know if you have other questions and hopefully, you are making progress on your van!

2 Likes

My carpentry skills are in the “rough” category so I thought a lot about wall covering. My solution was to hire it out to a local upholstery shop that works with vehicles. I must say he did an excellent job covering up my rough carpentry work. It was the most expensive part of the build at $1,800. Here’s a snap of the upholstery, lighter on ceiling, all w/ 1/8" padding on top of my 1/8" birch panels.