RV portable solar panel

We’re going to be looking at portable solar panels for a STT272VRK but first we’re reviewing our conventional tow and payload numbers. So on the solar panels, what’s the maximum number of solar panels that can go on the roof and how much weight should I figure on for each panel? When I look online at Go Power it looks like each panel is about 30 pounds. We’re also most likely going to put 2- 6 volt batteries so I know it’s an additional like 80 pounds net on the tongue for the extra battery. So what are your thoughts on how much weight solar adds to the travel trailer. [Our challenge in the 12-volt fridge that is taking 8 AH when 1/3 full on a 50 degree day but trying to do what we can and learn as we go.

With almost 2K lb of cargo capacity, I don’t think the weight of panels or battery will be an issue. You talk about portable panels but also about roof mounting. Are you planning to permanently mount solar or use portable panels?

I agree, weight is not going to be an issue, monocrystilline panels are the most efficient. The prices seem really high on the site you posted. Check EBay and Amazon. The important spec to look at is the Amps, usually under the symbol of an I or a capital A. NOT WATTS if you can’t find the amps divide the watts by the volts. Example. 12 volt 120 watt panel = 10 amps, 60w around 5 amps. The controller will take around .5A to operate.
Then you can add up all you appliances you are going to use, Add up their Amps (this is found on the label on the back of the appliance or in the manual) and the amount of time you are going to use them this is called your Amp Hours or Ahr. Then you will be able to tell how many panels you will need. And calculate how long to charge you batteries with your system. A good place to purchase electrical hardware is BlueSeas Systems. AmpHour worksheets can be found on the net.

I bought one several month ago, I’ll check it and reply the question.