Where do you plan to camp when this quarantine is over?
I had glamping plans next month on Kauai that are cancelled now… It was a girls trip staying in a few of the Koke’e cabins near Waimea Canyon.
I’ve also never seen Yosemite Falls flowing (only when it was a trickle in the fall) so I’d love to get out camping around Yosemite this summer!
I just moved to portland Oregon in October, so I haven’t been able to explore all the local trails in peak season yet! I just want to go in my own backyard haha
Setting up my newly acquired steed and planning a few bikepacking forays. 1) Green River Trail West Virginia, 2) Great Allegheny Passage PA-MD, 3) Old Stage Rd CO.
With a myriad of stops in between.
The country is opening up piece by piece so whatever portion opens more quickly and safely will be the area for which I travel. My initial plan for summer was to go north toward Maine but with all the stress of traveling through the more populated areas of the areas leading toward that I will save that trip for next year. I would love to check out more of Colorado and possibly make it back to the PNW for another round.
So far I only have one camping trip in June that hasn’t been cancelled (yet). It starts off at a MN state park (so far they have only cancelled camping through a certain date in May) and ends at a private campsite on the north shore. I’m not planning anything far from home for quite a while!
Hoping to keep my summer reservations in Yosemite and also venture up into the Coastal Redwoods area of Nor Cal.
Hope to be able to fully experience my first summer in the upper peninsula! Hoping by June we will be safe enough to open, the summer is super short up here as it is
We are going to have to find an out of the way campground. I think once everything is lifted the main campgrounds are going to be packed. We prefer less people and more nature!
Near the beach in mid May but not looking promising. TN in June is probably our next trip!
I’m currently at Thousand Trails in Williamsburg Va, have been here roughly 6 weeks on a 3 week reservation, and will ultimately be here another 3 weeks for a total of 9 weeks, unless they extend the “stay at home” orders again (Virginia looks likely to last until June 10th).
I do have further reservations in Sturbridge Mass, Wells Maine, and Cape Cod Mass. But I think a lot of that is going to change. I may cancel Sturbridge as they seem to have a lot of that CV-19 stuff going on there, maybe go to Old Orchard Beach Maine for a while. My intentions are to spend the summer in New England, then back to Virginia for a few weeks, and eventually back to Florida for the winter…
We are in the process of moving and due to some weird circumstances we will be taking our stuff to Wyoming and then going to Wisconsin right at the end of may. I’m hoping to camp on the way as hotels are expensive. So probably the eastern side of south dakota and then we will be back in wisconsin but I am hoping to actually backpack in Wisconsin. So, I hope it opens up in nu6ne or July.
I have the summer months available so I hope to get out as we can. I’m planning to head west to Oregon/Washington and explore the national forests over there. If Wisconsin or Michigan opens up sooner I might head out for a few nights there first.
Back to the BWCA! We had plans in May, but you can’t pick up your permits, so plans canceled! Ugh!!
Depends entirely on when the quarantines are let up, and what country we are in at the time. PROBABLY in Western NY or the Adirondacks in northern NY
Still waiting to hear if my Yurt reservation will be cancelled for the end of May.
Public land here is still open, with no mention of changes to dispersed camping rules, so that’s probably the first stop.
Super good to know… I was wanting to come up that way potentially and spur off from that direction as the central states seem to be a bit more prepared to allow camping sooner rather than later… Maybe by June all will be good… GOOD LUCK with the YURT!!!
Well my vacation started two days ago. Destination…to my backyard and bed. I was planning a trip to the PNW and parts of Canada. But ‘Rona has made it impossible to travel. I’m hoping for a June to July trip.
We’re supposed to head to Canada in July. I’d still be ok with getting in some backpacking throughout the Midwest if we can’t get to Canada.
I’ve already had two trips cancelled, Spring Break at Crabtree Falls in Washington Nat’l Forest and a kayak/camping weekend in Scottsville, VA. Hoping that I can at least make up one of them, but they both figure to be pretty crowded once the campgrounds in Virginia open up (they’ve been closed since very early in the lockdown). No real urge to be in big crowds right now…I’ll hafta look for somewhere a little more obscure.
We’ve has so many ppl ask just to come camp at our farm. But I am planning Ceasar Creek in Ohio and Celo North Carlolina in July.