National Park Campground Recommendations

I happened to read the National Park campground recommendations article, has anyone been to one of the campgrounds in the article? Or have any other campgrounds to recommend?

The Gros Ventre campground in Grand Teton NP is really nice; great scenery and opportunities for wildlife viewing in the meadows north of it. I think the Jenny Lake campground is a little better because it is so close to trailheads and the facilities of the lake. You could wake up to a nice breakfast then go hiking or kayaking right out your tent door. Its tucked into the woods so you won’t be bothered by the crowds of this popular area. It is highly sought after though, I’ve seen it fill up FAST. Gros Ventre seems a little slower to fill up, but it still gets pretty busy at the height of summer. For either one having a plan B or C or even D is a must!

1 Like

I’ve camped in the park at Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Great Smokey Mountains, Glacier and Rocky Mountains National Parks.

I’ve been to all of the others mentioned except Olympic.

They are all excellent camping experiences. But all are also very different. Your experience will depend on what you plan to do.

For example, in Rocky Mountain, the Long’s Peak campground is a base camp for tackling 19,000 Ft. Long’s Peak, while Moraine Park and Glacier Basin are more family oriented and for exploring the rest of the park.

1 Like