Minnesota Camping

Next summer (2023) we’ll be heading up to Winnipeg, and I wanted to check out some scenic Minnesota sights. We’ve done the Highway 61 tour in 2016, so can anybody help me out on where I should go in the north, northwest areas? We prefer state parks or COE parks, but won’t rule anything out. Thanks.

We camped around a lot of places in Minnesota last summer, and did some videos for our YouTube channel.

Here’s one about camping along the North Shore: Camping on Minnesota's North Shore - YouTube

And then another one specifically about Split Rock Lighthouse and Tettegouche State Park: Split Rock Lighthouse and Tettegouche State Park - YouTube

Also, since we did that video, I believe Tettegouche has added a campground.

1 Like

@Bob_M It’s been about four years but Maplewood State Park in Pelican Rapids was nice. Not too far from this park is the quirky sculpture art of Ken Nyberg - fun to look at. You don’t mention where you are starting from but two places in eastern South Dakota were nice to camp: Palisades State Park in Garretson (close to Sioux Falls) and Stokes-St Thomas City Park in Waterton. We also love CoE campgrounds but I don’t personally know of any in Minnesota. Have a great trip!

1 Like

Thanks guys & gals.

Leaving from Cleveland, heading up north to the UP and westward through Wisconsin. We know our spots in the UP, can’t wait to go.

1 Like