Lets share our camp kitchens!

Muahahaha!! It came today!! I’m so excited :grin: now all my pie irons and cooking gear is in one neat easy to carry place! And they’re is juuuuuust enough room for the camp waffle-iron my husband doesn’t know is coming either :joy: quarantined camper shopping…:joy:

3 Likes

Our teardrop has a pretty nice kitchen and every thing we need fits in it. As a matter of fact we pair down what we need after every trip

3 Likes

We love our recent additions

1 Like

That’s glamping with a tent and I thought our teardrop was luxurious :smile:

2 Likes

That’s pretty elaborate and definitely let’s you cook more elaborate meals. We’ve really scaled down because of minimal space to store things. After we bought our rig the company altered the kitchen/refer set up which would have given us a little more room. Then again, we’ve camped without a lot and made it work. My sister and BIL also have a teardrop. When we camp in campgrounds we become a magnet for fellow campers comparing pros and cons of our rigs.

1 Like

Curious how to up your camp cooking game? Tune in for our FB Live next week with full time campers Shari and Hutch.

1 Like

Yeah! Depending on how long are at the camp for will inform how much we set up. It’s it’s only one or two days, then we do a much more minimal set up but the camp cooking is our favorite thing to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have friends that always bring gourmet food. Not just burgers, but ground prime burgers, custom seasoned pork chops, marinated chicken. That kind of thing and we appreciate it so don’t get me wrong. We’re not so much about the food, as we are about being away from regular life. Now cocktails and microbrew beer, that’s a thing for sure.

1 Like

Celebrating a special occasion on your next camping trip? This one pan makes it all, from pizza to German chocolate cake. We love this pan, it goes with us from the camper, to backpacking and sea kayak camping, to international travel (in the before times).

Join us this Wednesday for our camp cooking live event on The Dyrt’s facebook page, 7:30pm eastern.

What are some of your essential pieces of camp cooking gear?

1 Like

I always take a chargrill and knives with me when I go camping. I never took small electric stoves with me.

I take with me a small electric stove, 2 knives, a fork and a spoon. I can also take a char grill with me. to be honest, I prefer to cook at home. I get a huge allowance when I can stand in the kitchen all day to cook different dishes. Moreover, we have made repairs in the kitchen. We changed absolutely everything. From the floors to the furniture. Most of all, I like the kitchen cabinets that we bought at https://cabinetselect.com/rta-kitchen-cabinets/. It’s much easier for me to prepare food at home and just take it with me on a hike.

I’m married and old. So I don’t “rough it” any more. I lean heavily toward glamping…

My camp kitchen setup is kind of complex, and old school. And it should be noted I am in the south, I do NOT camp in bear country. I do NOT recommend my setup for bear country folks. I set up this way for solar and heavy rain protection.

I do NOT take all of this for every trip, but I AM prepared to be able to prepare a full on Thanksgiving dinner in camp should the mood arise.

EZ Up Pagoda style instant canopy.
9x12 RV mat
Ozark Trail shade wall accessories with pockets for additional shelter and storage on one side, without pockets on adjascent wall. Main tent set up immediately opposite pocket wall to create third wall, and double ensuite tent making a fourth wall with a 3’ walkway. The shade walls can be brought down to allow for breezes and view.

Coleman Packaway camp kitchen.
Coleman 424 dual fuel stove.
Coleman 2 mantle dual mantle lantern in winter, OR array of LED “Tac Light Lanterns” in summer. I have 6 of those…
6pc stainless steel family cook set.
12 cup stainless percolator
GSI Ultralight Java Drip pour over coffe brewer
10" and 12" cast iron skillets
Double sided CI griddle
Ikea Grunka stainless steel utensil set
18" stainless steel BBQ tongs.
Outdoor Gourmet 8 qt CI camp dutch oven with Lodge meat trivet and lid lifter.
Ozark Trail 5qt CI camp dutch oven.
Can opener.
Dollar store measuring cups, spoons etc.
Cutting board, and eversharp chefs knife set, chefs knife roll, and blade safety guards.
2 Coghlans Cast Iron pie irons.
6 Coleman extending campfire forks
Stansport Enamel Steel service set, enamel steel cups ommitted because I hate them. 40 oz Yukon Stainless insulated tumblers instead.
2 silicone pop up wash basins.
5 gallon bucket / Gamma Seal Lid pantry.
55qt Lifetime high performance cooler.
5 gallon gray water capture bucket.
Dish towels, wash rags, hot pads.
Coleman Folding oven, with Pizza Stone, and Welding blanket mods.
Dollar store round, and square 9" cake tins.
Dollar store 9" pie tin.
Dollar store muffin tin.
Dollar store loaf pan.
WIsh the dollar store made a sized to fit the Coleman baking sheet.
Weber 22" Kettle grill IF I am going by pickup. it doesn’t fit the sedan well…
Weber Smokey Joe silver with Charcoal chimney, in Weber carry bag. Smaller tabletop unit that fits easily with the rest of my gear.

There is additional for boondocking for water storage and handling, but for sites with water, no worries.

Thought we’d share our latest blog, Small RV Kitchen Tips, Hacks, & Techniques. We outline all of the gear we’ve used for the last
9 years of living on the road full-time in our tiny vintage camper.
https://northwestrving.com/small-rv-kitchen-tips-hacks-techniques

Within the article is also our Camp Cooking & Baking video where we share some of our most favorite glamping recipes and techniques. https://youtu.be/96X3FUWQ5Y8

Hi, my name is Sullivan, and I go to school at Northland Lutheran High School in Kronenwetter, WI. For our engineering class, we are figuring out ways to make pie irons even better. Below is a link to our survey that you can take if you’d like to, and if you have any ideas to make it better, feel free to respond.

https://forms.gle/5voPkqPb8QhShZxCA

Hey Sullivan - super happy you are here! Our staff is excited about your project and in fact, three of us have already taken your survey! We’d love to chat about how you found our forums and more about the project. Please email us at support@thedyrt.com and tell them Amy sent you! I’m the Customer Service Manager. Cheers to amazing camping inventions!

That is awesome. So far I have only been on 2 night camping trips as I have just started this past Fall. I am thinking for all the stuff I like to bring 3 nights may be turning into my minimum.

Our setup is not innovative, but is heavily influenced by frequent burn bans in our camping area. We don’t hike, so weight isn’t an issue:

• Coleman Classic stove (dad’s lasted 30 years, so, heck yeah, I bought one too) - more importantly, can still use the burner to roast marshmallows for s’mores during burn bans (priorities!!!)
  • Cast iron pan
  • cast iron reversible griddle - single burner
  • collapsible sink for cleaning
  • collapsible 5-gallon jugs for water
  • utensils
  • tea pot
  • GSI Outdoors Ultralight Java Drip Coffee Maker (this is a matter of survival)

I’m looking to replace my Lodge single-burner reversible griddle. With frequent burn bans, and the unsuitable height of the grill grates at our favorite camping location, I’m wanting to move to a non-stick option that I can place on my stove. Not to mention I find cleaning cast iron to be a bit of a PITA (is that blasphemy?). I’d prefer a a reversible one-burner option similar to the Lodge, but not cast iron. Does anyone have any recommendations?