Is this outdoor gear website legit?

This website (https://www.familybroc.com) just started appearing today when I was searching prices for Kodiak Flex-Bow tents. The prices on Kodiak tents are so low that I am sure this site must be a scam. $95 for a 10x10 Kodiak Flex-Bow Deluxe? They sell for $649 on Cabela’s and Outdoor Warehouse.
I entered the web address in two scam checking websites and the results showed no phishing or malware, but these tools can’t tell you whether the online shopping part is legit.
Has anyone purchased from this website or has anyone heard of them?

1 Like

Hello,

Regarding the question about the website Familybroc.com, I haven’t personally purchased from them or heard of them before. However, the prices for Kodiak tents that you mentioned do seem too good to be true, and it’s always better to exercise caution when dealing with unfamiliar websites, especially when it comes to online shopping.

It’s good to hear that you ran the website through scam-checking tools, but as you mentioned, these tools cannot always determine the legitimacy of the shopping aspect of a website.

In general, it’s always a good idea to do some research on a website before making a purchase, especially if the prices seem suspiciously low. Reading reviews from other customers and checking the website’s return policy and customer service information can also be helpful.

On a related note, for those interested in camping tents and gear, I would like to suggest checking out my website, tentsquad.com. It’s a camping tent guide website that provides comprehensive reviews and guides on various camping tents, gear, and accessories. I hope it can be a helpful resource for anyone planning their next camping trip.

It’s good to hear that you ran the website through scam-checking tools, but as you mentioned, these tools cannot always determine the legitimacy of the shopping aspect of a website.

In general, it’s always a good idea to do some research on a website before making a purchase, especially if the prices seem suspiciously low. Reading reviews from other customers and checking the website’s return policy and customer service information can also be helpful.