How do you financially support your lifestyle

it seems like vanlifers all have online businesses, but that might just be cause i follow too many people on instagram. How do y’all afford it?

No online business here I’d love to start one when I figure out my niche. We just saved and saved and saved skip the eating out eat ramen noodles. I had three jobs at one point because if you have no time you can’t spend money. Once we knew we could survive about 6 months we scoured the internet for a job. CLM hired us although we got there and realized it wasn’t really the job we wanted (dont expect everything to work out… it won’t) but there are workamping jobs everywhere

1 Like

@jessmvb. Following :heart:

I work at The Dyrt! We are remote for the forseeable future, so I bought a van and am working on the road.

5 Likes

Early retirement here, which is approx. 60% of my previous income. Sold or gave away everything that didn’t fit into the van. So, no mortgage, will travel. :slight_smile: Hopefully my vanlifestyle doesn’t exceed the 60%. :slightly_smiling_face: If it does, I’ll find a side hustle. :smirk:

4 Likes

Trading Crypto and NFT’s! Got into the NFT game early and have already made crazy yields. Highly suggested for anyone who wants to get in early now!

I know this is late im sorry!
I have been living van life since 2013 (retired at 18 ayyyeee)
The major way I keep funds is through a company called people ready. If you’re in the states they have an app called jobsack. You pick up work you want in the area you want to be. You can also work just a single day. Just be sure to contact the local office and fill out tax paperwork for each state you work in…
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the posting this reply.

1 Like

I’m going to be using my moderate Social Security and continue to build my writing and designing online work. For me, it’s not a matter of how much do I have to do this and if I or others don’t think it’s enough, I can’t go nomad or I have to wait. It’s just that I’m going to do it now and I will make my income work while I’m on the road also building it up.

I’ve been studying vanlife for over 3 yrs and I may not be in the position of having a huge savings but I’m not going into it blind. I also have the added resource of being a creative person who has been promoting her work online for a few yrs now. I’ve gotten my 1st 2 books published at Amazon KDP in the last month. But even with the online skills that I have, the competition is massive and only increasing, so I need to still do a lot to add to my income. I’ll be happy to be working on that on the road.

I live a simple life and have been saving but probably most of that will go toward buying the vehicle that I can find. At least, I do have my SS income coming in monthly. Because of life circumstances, I did not wait to retire, but got mine at 62, 3 yrs ago, while it was still available. We don’t know what the government will do with our Social Security funds in the near future. I needed it to begin a new life and I worked too long and too hard to lose it by waiting.

Good luck to you!

I’m not a supercamper, but I think to change my life completely in this way. Now I have savings which I can spend. Actually, perfect thread which made me think about my future. All the best!

I’m a digital nomad, and I hope that in the future, this will be acceptable. I travel the world and work for a few different companies. Not bad at all.:wink:

rental real estate is the main income.

To support your lifestyle, you need to find a job first, and maybe not only one. Depends on your lifestyle.

I think a lot of nomads have a variety of income sources and combine them as much as possible to stay above water most of the time. It helps that van life can be very frugal if you are willing to not have all the comforts of home and can do dispersed camping or free parking most of the time.

There are a number of gig work apps that work decently, depending on your location, plus temp agencies, remote work, etc.

Hey! I make a living freelancing online for flexibility. I mix it up with gigs, affiliate marketing, and investing. I’d say the key is finding what works best for you. Experiment, learn, and adapt. Networking has also played a role in discovering opportunities and staying in the loop. You can read here about side jobs to make money. They describe a wide range of money-making methods, so it’s pretty easy to find the one that suits you best. Good luck!

Many vanlifers sustain their lifestyle through diverse income sources, including online businesses, remote work, freelancing, and smart financial strategies. For instance, Binarycent offers trading opportunities that can complement such lifestyles, providing a flexible income stream for those on the road.

Vanlifers support their lifestyle financially in different ways, but many of them do have online businesses. This could be selling stuff like handmade crafts, offering services like photography or writing, or even through social media influencing. Some might also work remotely for companies or do freelance gigs. It’s not just about Instagram; these folks hustle in various ways to make ends meet while living the van life.