Favorite part of the sierras?

growing up here I didn’t realize how truly unique those mountains are. What’s your favorite spots?! I’m still partial to yosemite valley.

I haven’t explored the Sierras all that much. I did have a blast car camping around Mammoth Lakes during the summer. Cool at night to soak in the hot springs morning and night and nice hiking during the day. The trails are seriously endless.

Love the Sierras! Quite partial to the JMT, but there is so much variation in that whole area. Car camping and exploring places like Big Pine Creek is beyond words. Of course, Mammoth Lakes and Tuolumne Meadows. Unfortunately, living in SWFL makes it difficult to make it a yearly excursion.

1 Like

Underrated part of the Sierras is the Sierra Buttes! farther north than you’d expect for the Sierras but technically the same range. One of the highlights from hiking the PCT last summer for sure -and Sierra City is a wonderful little town

We like the “ Road’s End area of King’s Canyon np. Secluded, sparsely visited, and Quiet! Very easy to get to and regain your inner peace.