Canoe/kayak in the South

We have kayaked the little rapids at Okatoma in Seminary, MS.
We have kayaked black creek in Brooklyn, MS.

Let’s discuss other places in the south!!!

1 Like

Caddo River and Buffalo National River in Arkansas are both great! We have been kayaking a lot of local lakes recently because of all of the rain and flooding. I’m a chicken. lol

2 Likes

I have been wanting to try the Sipsey River in Bankhead National Forest but have had a hard time getting a high enough water level to make it down. I have also done the Cahaba which has lots of good spots, just have to be careful at the end of summer because the level can get pretty low.

Also the Spring River and parts of the Kings River are really great too.

1 Like

Bogue Chitto River from Tylertown MS on Hwy 98 down to Sun LA. That is a long stretch, close to 110 miles. I have raced that stretch Canoe racing with Explorer Post 313 several times… Beautiful river. There are a lot of spots to access river anywhere in between the fore mentioned locations.

Arkansas is a haven for kayaks and canoes. The Buffalo National River, America’s first national river) is a must do for easy class 1 paddling, sight seeing and good time. Upper Ouachita, upper Caddo (both class 1 or 2 with normal water), Piney Creek, Spring River and Crooked Creek along with several other lesser known creeks and small rivers around the state.