Camping club/friends

I want to join/start a camping club with like minded folks. Is there anything in Western WA? We are retired and don’t really want to live in our van, but I love to camp and very much want to explore our great country… mostly NW. I like to camp with friends as well as on our own Hubby barely tolerates it. It would be nice if he had some folks around him he could play chess or watch movies, or just sit around and talk.

1 Like

Sounds fun! We are on the Oregon Coast, Lincoln City. We love meeting new like minded people!

I’m interested too
If you form the group. I’m part of a group here in Northern CA that organizes trips all over CA and AZ. Take a look at their Google Meetups page for inspiration here: https://www.meetup.com/Northern-California-Vehicle-Campers/
Cheers!
Maureen

We’ve been retired for six years now, and our van is perfect for us and our critters (we live outside Spokane). We’ve always found out that it’s usually pretty easy to make friends in any campground. We occasionally camp with other members of our back country horse group, but generally just go by ourselves. The Pacific Northwest has plenty of places to explore. We do take some longer trips, but not much longer than a few weeks; too much still at home to “full time.”

I used to be part of Back Country! We would open trails in the Olympics, ride the Gorge in the late spring, and that camp near Rosalind, Haden Valley. I thought I would always have my horses but, life took an unexpected turn. Very happy to have a teardrop and still enjoy the NW. Oh, but I do miss riding.

1 Like