Camping Chair - Which One?

Just wondering if there is a consensus on the best camping chair for those of us that tent camp from the back of a sedan?

Jake, if you could offer a few more qualifiers, that would help narrow it down. Such as: •lightweight/minimalistic. •largest that can fit in an Impala back seat. •a Rocker style •needs to have cup/smartphone holders •Needs a high back with neck support •Desired price range ….And so on. You’ll likely see folks chime in with their favorites. -Cheers!

A year ago I purchased 3 adult chairs from Amazon in the $50‐$100 range. This is the one I use at home too on my porch. Pretty comfy, but big and bulky. Has a nice strap for over shoulder transport.

Kijaro Dual Lock Portable Camping… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SV0KLNM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

1 Like

Check this out Best Folding Camping Chairs – Portal Outdoors they have a good collections of camping chairs !!!

REI has some good traditional looking chairs. The backs are straight. They are insulated for cold weather and have wooden arms.

I have ALPS mountaineering recliners and GCI Rockers, I love them both but for different uses.

The ALPS chairs are mostly for van camping, they fold flat and take up a little bit of room but they are stored under the dog bed in my van. They are very sturdy and comfortable, even for bigger folks.

The GCI Rockers I use everywhere else! They are lightweight and they fold up fairly small for their size. I have strapped them to a raft and they dry out very fast even after a thorough drenching. They go almost everywhere with me; film festivals, outdoor concerts, anything where seating would otherwise be on the ground.

I think REI has a lot of good options too, bonus is you get to try them out in the store!

Hey Robert,

I have had and used quite a few chairs, and there are a lot of really great ones. The ones Im currently running are the Front Runner Expander Chairs. Fold up nice and square and does not take a lot of space, they also have chair bags available.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/front-runner-expander-chair.html

Like I said, there are so many great chairs! If you are looking for small chairs, REIs Coop Flexlite chairs have worked well for me, as well as chairs like GCI Freestyle Rocker Chairs are very comfortable. These Front Runner ones just work for my car camping setup right now!

I got a very similar one. Though bulky it is comfortable.

1 Like

I’ve bought hiking chairs from here they’ve great.

1 Like

When it comes to choosing a camping chair, it’s important to consider factors such as weight, durability, comfort, and portability. Some highly recommended camping chairs include the Helinox Chair One for its lightweight and easy packability, the ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair for its durability and built-in cooler, and the Kijaro Dual Lock Portable Camping and Sports Chair for its dual lock system and organization features. The Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair and REI Co-op Flexlite Chair are also great options. Ultimately, the best camping chair for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Check this out for reference > 15 Best Backpacking Chairs of 2023 - The Hiking Adventure

Here is a list of the top 5 most comfortable camping chair you should consider for your next camping trip:

1. GCI Outdoor Pod Rocker Collapsible Rocking Chair & Outdoor Camping Chair.
  2. Arrowhead Outdoor Portable Folding Camping Quad Chair.
    3.Caribbean Joe Folding Beach Chair, 4-Position Portable Backpack Foldable Camping Chair.
  3. Timber Ridge Lightweight Camping, Portable Laurel Director’s Compact Outdoor Folding Lawn Chair.
  4. Strong back Camping Chair Guru 3.0 Heavy Duty Camping Chairs with Lumbar Support.