We stayed in site #16. I gave it 4 stars just because of the road noise
- Spectacular view of the lake
- Clean bathhouse
- Site is partially fenced and the pad is level.
- Very friendly host
- Not far from hiking trails in
- Cell phone service (spotty in the campground. 4+ bars on the site with t-mobile)
- Plenty of room for chairs, gear and a fence for the dogs
- Firepit down by the lake
- Easy to get kayaks into the water
- 20 minutes from major retailers (Lowes, Walmart, etc.)
- Not a lot of shade covering our site
- Road noise as others have stated. Not a deal breaker. There are grooves on the shoulder of the road and when you drive over them it makes an annoying sound
- Site is closer to others than I care to be
- Quiet, but it's winter. I imagine it's more active in the summer
- I'm not sure about the quality of the water. There is a GA Power plant close by and I read an article about possible contamination from the smoke stacks. Do your research.
Overall we had a great experience and we would definitely come back again. Many of the sites are on the lake and I haven't seen one I would not stay in. They do have some construction going on near the dump station. Whatever they're doing they're quiet about it.