Why is this free?! Perfect overnight on our road trip. Spacious, easy and the cleanest pit toilet I’ve ever used!
- Easy to get to. We followed Waze to “Sweet Briar Lake” and looked at Apple Maps to get a sense of the layout. From the highway there are signs to the lake recreation area. Lots of site choices with fire rings and picnic tables. Looking at the map, the little lakefront loops have sites. We arrived after dark and had no problem finding a great waterfront spot.
- Lots of space, super clean and, when we were there Thurs night early Sept, we saw a camper on the far end of “our” loop and one across the lake. That’s it and that’s about how we like it.
- Very clean pit toilet with tp. No water or electric, per another reviewer (we weren’t looking for it).
- Bonus: Great stars with the Milky Way spread out above. Sunrise was gorgeous. Big fish jumping in the lake.
- Light highway rumbling but nothing to keep you awake (not at all like most KOAs :)
Edit: Drove 10 mins towards town and got a flat tire. Can’t tell how or why. Probably not anything we picked up by the lake but worth mentioning.