What a darling little spot. Would return in a heartbeat, and honestly probably will before the month is up. Had two glorious nights there and now I don't want to camp anywhere else in Maui because I was so spoiled.
- To echo other folks, absolutely LOVED the outdoor showers - and yes, they get hot. Felt utterly luxurious. Toilets and sinks remain clean and odorless.
- Easy sandy beach access! Pebble-side great for hanging up hammocks.
- Can take relatively affordable kayaking tours from the campgrounds or rent SUP/kayaks for very affordable rates.
- Free coffee in the morning!
- Has its own teensy general store and a walkable larger market down a half mile and across the street. Famed pie place next door.
- Literally 8 plugs for a bajillion people causing a massive traffic jam in the mornings and evenings. On the side of the ice house only (not even near campgrounds).
- Not that you need it, but if you do - weak wifi signal beyond the toilet/shower area.
- Absolutely no shade at all on any sites, save for one campsite (campsite #1).
- Beware the wind!!! Because it's open air with no shielding trees, sooo many people evacuated to sleep in cars or resigned to/woke up to collapsed tents because of high winds.
4.5/5. Absolutely worth it. LOOOOOVE.