Summed up in bullet points. We are experienced campers, so perhaps our standards are higher.
- Was not greeted, had to find where to check in
- Guide to spot did not show, after 20 minutes tried to find own spot, we were told PT-X, but our site was labeled PPT-X, could not reach a person to confirm
- Paid for premium pull through, ended up being an uneven gravel pathway with an old picnic table, no patio or easy hookups
- Lake was over crowded to the point that they ran out of life jackets, which are required to swim, so we sat
- The day pass users received all the privileges of campers, and quite frankly abused the parking lots and beach area
- Not a single worker appeared mature enough to handle any difficult situation, when asked things answers were “well, I don’t know, sorry” with no follow up or suggested solution
- Everything shuts down at 7pm, everything
- Must leave campsite promptly by 11am, but lake doesn’t open til 12, so you have to park your rig in the general parking area if you want to swim the day you depart, not possible with pets
Friends and family really suggested this place due to the unique atmosphere. Not sure if we had a bad stay or if it has gone downhill, but either way we will not be returning.