I had my doubts trying this campground out. Right next to a race track? No potable water? But it turns out my doubts were unfounded. My daughter and I had a great time here! A short list of things we liked and things we didn't.
- Beautiful views! Not every site has them, but most do. Either of the race track or the valleys and hills on the other side.
- Close to Monterey. Only a 20 min drive to Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, and the Aquarium. Can't beat it for the price.
- Close to the hiking trails in the Laguna Seca Rec Area.
- Nice bathrooms and showers.
- A pretty decent playground. My daughter spent most of her time here.
- No potable water. They mention this several times on their website but still people miss it. Bring your own water.
- The sites are pretty small and close together. This wasn't a problem for us, as our neighbors were kind and respectful. But still, only a few feet away.
- You can't reserve a site; you can only make requests. There are definitely sites that are better than others. If you don't know, ask the host on the phone for a recommendation.
- Ok, I knew it was a racetrack when I made the reservation, but hours of loud cars kinda wears on you after a while. They ran from 9-4 both days we were there.
- The bugs that crawled out from under my tent when putting things away gave me the creeps.
- 16% grade on the way up. Trailers and RVs, its doable but be aware!
Overall, I recommend!