Every week we’re rounding up camping and outdoor news, along with stories you might have missed from The Dyrt Magazine and around the web. This week, we feature a helpful Idyllwild camping review from an explorer on The Dyrt. Your contributions could be featured next week!
It seems like just yesterday that fireworks were lighting up the sky and already, August is here. Cue end of summer panic: Have you gone camping yet?!
There’s plenty of time, of course. And campers continue to offer so much inspiration for future camping trips, in the form of campground reviews and photos on The Dyrt. Those campers are also winning some pretty sweet gear from our brand partners. (Here’s the scoop on our 2018 Great Camping Giveaway.)
Now that you’re frantically searching for campgrounds to fill the final weeks of summer, here’s some more inspiration and news about camping and the outdoors, from The Dyrt and around the web:
What You Missed From The Dyrt Magazine
- Learn more about taking the whole family camping near Washington D.C.
- You could get paid to camp at this dairy farmers new campground.
- These camping kitchen hacks make meal time easy and delicious at the campground.
Outdoor News + Stories We’re Reading
- Four fire fights have been killed while fighting fires in California this year. Thousands of others continue to battle one of the deadliest fire seasons in California’s history are facing. [Los Angeles Times]
- The Mountain Maidu Tribe got land back in California and they are the first federally non recognized tribe to do so. [High Country News]
- Check out Harley Davidson’s first adventure bike. [Outside]
- The BLM is planning an oil and gas lease auction near Canyonlands National Park, furthering concern from conservationists and public land supporters. [National Parks Traveler]
Stories From Our Brand Partners Who Love Camping, Too!
- Visit these national parks for more fun and smaller crowds this summer. [OOFOS]
- Enjoy spending time on the water? Here is the ultimate kayak camping gear list. [Brunton]
- These four mountaineering classes might help you finally reach the summit this year. [Wild Zora]
From The Dyrt Magazine Archives
Each week we’re digging back into The Dyrt Magazine for articles we think you’ll love:
The Dyrt’s Ultimate Summer Camping Gear List
Read the Article
Campground of the Week: Idyllwild Camping in California
“Amazing place to catch your breath from the city life of Los Angeles. That is if you can with the elevation! There are so many hikes and with PCTers walking in and out of town you are sure to find great stories wondering through.” — Idyllwild camping with The Dyrt’s George B.
Read more reviews of Idyllwild County Park.