The Dyrt is seeking an experienced UI/UX designer to join our team. In this role, you’ll work closely with our product and development teams to design new features, develop a component-based design system, ensure consistency, and provide the best possible experience to our users. We are seeking a great coworker in addition to a great designer – humor, passion, flexibility and the desire to innovate matter.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with more than 100,000 user generated campground reviews, photos, and videos. We’re successfully changing the way 45+ million Americans search for campgrounds, just like Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
The Dyrt also works with outdoor brands to build communities and help them connect with customers. The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for campers to find their next favorite campsite and for brands to engage with their target audience. The Dyrt produces stories for those brands on The Dyrt Magazine. It’s important that these sponsored stories are offering value to our readers and value to our partners, while also aligning with our own brand.
In this role, you’ll be working to evolve and improve the user experience of The Dyrt’s campground search and booking platform, on the web and in our mobile apps. This involves working closely with our product and development teams to design new features, develop a component-based design system, ensure visual consistency, and help get people excited about camping.
As the first full-time designer at The Dyrt, there is both immense responsibility and opportunity for you to shape the future of the company.
Please include a portfolio of work when you apply, highlighting projects that focus on:
- Defining a flexible and consistent design system
- UX solutions to complex problems
- Strong visual design that tells a story or expresses a brand
- Responsive design
- At least three years of design experience, preferably working on digital products
- Strong visual and typographic sensibilities
- Enthusiasm for The Dyrt’s mission
- An understanding of HTML and CSS, and how their layout models constrain or enable your designs
- Familiarity with the design language of mobile apps
- Strong interpersonal skills. Close collaboration and communication between product, design, and engineering are crucial to move any feature forward.
- Familiarity with responsive design, specifically the limitations and challenges of working for smaller screens
Nice To Have
- Experience building and maintaining a component-based design system for web or mobile
- Familiarity with booking/reservation systems
- Experience with checkout flows
- Lead UI/UX design efforts at The Dyrt, with an eye for usability, consistency, and brand expression.
- Nurture and evolve our component-based design system
- Extract and maintain a library of UI components and design standards to be used across The Dyrt’s products
- Collaborate with development team to maintain a living style guide of components
- Review and audit existing UI to ensure consistency, identifying weaknesses or instances of design drift
- Collaborate closely with the product team to express new features in our web and mobile apps
- Interview internal stakeholders to inform requirements
- Iterate on UX through wireframes, storyboards, or screen flows
- Produce detailed UI comps for implementation
- Check implemented features for design QA before launch
- Conduct usability testing, suggest improvements, plan iterations
- Maintain style guidelines for The Dyrt’s brand
This is a full-time position in our Portland Oregon office. Greater Portland area applicants will be given first consideration.
Please send cover letter and resume and link to portfolio to email@example.com. We will be in contact with you if we decide to move on to the interview phase.
Please title your email “UI/UX Designer”