Interested in becoming a crucial part of the #1 camping platform and a community of outdoors lovers, or do you know the perfect applicant?
The Dyrt is looking to fill two roles in our Portland, Oregon office; a Senior Frontend Developer and a Community Support Specialist.
If you know the perfect applicant, a $1,000 referral fee could be yours. More details available at the end of this article.
Find the job details and application information below:
Send This To a Friend and You Could Earn a $1,000 Referral Fee
We’re now hiring for a new Senior Frontend Developer to join our small and passionate tech team; someone who will help build and improve features on our frontend with an eye towards performance and usability.
- Write code and make architectural decisions for The Dyrt’s Ember.js web frontend
- Lead a team of 2-5 developers working to improve and maintain our frontend products
- Lend perspective to our product design process, vetting tickets and helping to ensure features are well defined for your team to succeed
- Debug, analyze and resolve performance and compatibility issues in order to maintain an excellent user experience
- Contribute to wider decisions around platform architecture and development practices.
- Assist in hiring and recruitment efforts to build and grow a strong and cohesive team
- Learn, grow, and succeed in your career and help us make camping easier for everyone
We appreciate that a “senior” developer doesn’t necessarily require a particular number of years of experience — everyone gets to this level at different rates, and through different experiences. The skills listed below are intended to capture what it would take to be successful in a senior engineering role at The Dyrt.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong skills developing interactive, responsive interfaces for the web
- Experience debugging and resolving issues in production
- An interest in technical leadership, and in building a work environment where everyone on the team can thrive
- Passion for mentoring and coaching other engineers
- An interest in learning and exploring new languages, tools, and frameworks
- An appreciation for appropriate testing to support your development efforts
- Experience with debugging framework-level issues and submitting patches upstream when necessary
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
We’re hiring a Community Support Specialist to manage and respond to our community of campers in support of product management and audience development.
Who You Are
You are hungry to learn new things, love solving problems, and want to help others enjoy the outdoors, but most importantly, you want to provide world class customer service. You’ve got an interest in product management, community marketing or customer success and want to also hone your technical skills. You believe in the power of the camping community, and you’re willing to engage with our user base at both an online and personal level.
What You’ll Do
The person in this role will resolve customer queries, recommend solutions, and guide users through features and functionalities with confidence and empathy both online and by phone. You will help grow our community and keep them engaged by helping onboard and educate new campground hosts about using The Dyrt for listing their property and receiving bookings from our camper community. In addition, you will verify data provided by our users and ensure that we display correct campground details.
- Resolve user queries, recommend solutions, and guide campers and hosts through features and functionalities
- Verify accuracy of campground data points provided and edited by campers
- Verify accuracy of campground claims made by campground hosts
- Educate and onboard new campground hosts
- Work with our Audience Development team to update our internal wiki and public FAQs based on technical issues and useful discussions with users
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Troubleshoot technical issues and elevate bugs to dev team
- Follow up with users to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather user feedback and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Respond to app reviews through Google Play and Apple app stores
Required skills and experience:
- One or more years of customer service, telephone and/ or online support experience
- Proficiency in Zendesk or other remote support tool a plus
- Understanding of how CRM systems work
- Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficient
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Applicant must live in or near Portland Oregon, or be willing to relocate
- Willing to work in The Dyrt office (which is a blast!)
- Familiarity with our industry is a plus
- Experience with technical troubleshooting and diagnostics a plus
To refer a candidate, have the applicant include “Referred by [NAME], [EMAIL]” in their cover letter. No referral will be accepted without both the referrer’s name and email in the cover letter. To qualify to receive the referral fee, the referee must receive and accept a job offer with The Dyrt, and complete 30 days of employment.