Who We Are
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with more campground reviews than anyone else on the Internet. We’re successfully changing the way 45+ million Americans search for campgrounds in the same way that Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
Who You Are
You are an organized, personable self-starter who is skilled at email outreach. You have experience working successfully in a group environment and can report to multiple team leads. A clean, organized email inbox is at the top of your priority list. You are also interested in foundational SEO practices and understand the importance of ethical link building.
What You’ll Do
As a Link Building Specialist, you will support the Marketing and Editorial teams by establishing and nurturing long term outreach campaigns to industry publications, camping experts, influencers, and more. You will be responsible for maintaining relationships with outreach partners, which will consist of regular email follow-ups and phone calls. Over the course of a quarter, you will be expected to lead and report on multiple outreach campaigns targeted toward resources on The Dyrt. You will be expected to prioritize and personally respond to as many as 100 emails a day.
- Work with Editorial and Marketing team to identify promotional targets from The Dyrt on a regular basis (targets may be new magazine content, top campground review pages, badge distribution projects, etc)
- Establish and grow outreach lists targeted to a variety of writers, websites, and distribution networks; outreach lists created with promotional targets in mind
- Write enticing, personalized email campaigns that showcase the value of resources on The Dyrt and encourage authentic link creation
- Effectively communicate support needs to Editorial team for guest posts and other sharable asset
- Assist PR Coordinator with research and development
- Regularly follow-up with warm leads and report opportunities to team on a weekly basis
- Successfully obtain relevant link placement on top domains
- Background in marketing, advertising, PR, digital communications, journalism, english, or related field
- Proven success with independent research and organization
- Experience with email outreach required
- Experience integrating with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Familiarity with WordPress preferred
- Experience in the outdoor industry is a plus
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time contract position in our Portland, Oregon, office. All applicants must live in or near Portland, or be willing to relocate.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact with you if we decide to move on to the interview phase.
Please title your email “SEO Contract Writer”