The Dyrt is seeking a senior developer to lead our frontend team. In this role, you’ll be working with a small and passionate team to build and improve our frontend with an eye towards performance and usability.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with more than 100,000 user generated campground reviews, photos, and videos. We’re successfully changing the way 60+ million Americans search for campgrounds, just like Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
The Dyrt also works with outdoor brands to build communities and help them connect with customers. Top reviewers in our nationwide community of campers become Dyrt Rangers, super users who test and review our partners’ products in the field. The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for campers to find their next favorite campsite and for brands to engage with their target audience.
- Write code and make architectural decisions for The Dyrt’s core Ember.js frontend application
- Lead a team of 2-5 developers working to improve and maintain our frontend products
- Lend a frontend perspective to our product design process, vetting tickets and helping to ensure features are well defined for your team to succeed
- Debug, analyze and resolve performance and compatibility issues in order to maintain an excellent user experience
- Contribute to wider decisions around platform architecture and development practices.
- Assist in hiring and recruitment efforts to build and grow a strong and cohesive team
- Learn, grow, and succeed in your career and help us make camping easier for everyone
We appreciate that a “senior” developer doesn’t necessarily require a particular number of years of experience — everyone gets to this level at different rates, and through different experiences. The skills listed below are intended to capture what it would take to be successful in a senior engineering role at The Dyrt.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong skills developing interactive, responsive interfaces for the web
- Experience carrying a long-term (> 6 month) project over the finish line
- Experience debugging and resolving a major production issue
- An interest in technical leadership, and in building a work environment where everyone on the team can thrive
- Proven ability to fearlessly tackle complex problems
- Passion for mentoring and coaching other engineers
- An interest in learning and exploring new languages, tools, and frameworks
- An appreciation for appropriate testing to support your development efforts
- Familiarity with both frontend and backend concerns and the interactions between the two including HTTP, CORS, CSP, and CDNs
- Experience with debugging framework-level issues and submitting patches upstream when necessary
- Familiar with agile software development methodologies
This is a full-time position in our Portland, Oregon, office. All applicants must live in or near Portland, or be willing to relocate.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact with you if we decide to move on to the interview phase.
Please title your email “Senior Frontend Developer”.
From tech jobs to writing jobs to client services jobs – see all the job openings at The Dyrt here!