About The Dyrt
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with more than 50,000 user-generated campground reviews, photos, and videos. We’re successfully changing the way 45+ million Americans search for campgrounds, just like Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
The Dyrt also works with outdoor brands to build communities and help them connect with customers. Top reviewers in our nationwide community of campers become Dyrt Rangers, super users who test and review our partners’ products in the field. The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for campers to find their next favorite campsite and for brands to engage with their target audience.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication, whether it’s face-to-face, in chat, or in our documentation, is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — You’ll be working on a team of 2–3 developers, often each working on different aspects of our products. We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Have flexibility — As a small team working to deliver ambitious products, plans can change quickly. Sometimes this means whipping up a quick prototype before a sales meeting and sometimes it means walking away from some beautiful code. We promise not to take these changes in direction lightly, just don’t hold a grudge for having to abandon that branch.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Love the outdoors — Our goal is to make it easier for folks to have a great time in the great outdoors and we’d love it if you were one of those folks.
- 1+ years of front-end web or native mobile development experience on production apps
- Prior experience with react-native or with native iOS or Android development
- An appreciation for, and abilities to support, your development with appropriate testing
- Familiarity with Redux (or another Flux-like system)
- Knowledge of app store distribution processes
- Photoshop or Sketch
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact with you if we decide to move on to the interview phase.
Please title your email “React Native Mobile Developer”.