Who You Are
You’re tired of being spread too thin across an endless flow of clients and products at your PR agency job. You crave the time and freedom to own, understand, and nurture one brand, instead of scrambling to keep up with with a rotating roster. Come work in-house at The Dyrt. One product, one team, one mission: to make camping better.
Will you be given impossible goals without the resources needed to deliver? Nope.
You’ll have the budget to hire and manage a PR agency. You’ll have the budget to hire an outreach coordinator. Best of all, you will be working side by side with an internal team of marketers, editors, and writers, to help execute your strategy to increase The Dyrt’s visibility, authority, and trustworthiness.
You understand that PR is part art and part hard work. It relies on creative and consistent relationship building. You’re willing to put in the time and effort to make those relationships last, and you have the ability to manage your team to do the same.
Who We Are
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app and publication with more campground reviews than anyone else on the Internet. We’re successfully changing the way 60 million Americans search for campgrounds in the same way that Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy for campers to find the information they need. The Dyrt also helps brands connect with campers. Using our nationwide community of campers, and our proprietary User Generated Content, The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for brands to engage with their target audience and for campers to find their next favorite piece of gear.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute the entire PR strategy for thedyrt.com from the ground up
- Hire and manage an external PR agency and incorporate their strategies into our own
- Manage an outreach coordinator and nurture their ability to execute your strategy
- Collaborate with editorial and marketing teams in promoting both The Dyrt and The Dyrt Magazine
- Help ideate pitch angles and manage The Dyrt’s pitching calendar to secure ongoing placements and backlinks
- Manage and vet the company’s external speaking opportunities at key business, technology, and industry events
- Manage The Dyrt’s awards program by researching and submitting applications for industry, technology, leadership awards to promote the company
- Draft press materials to support The Dyrt’s media outreach efforts including press releases, media alerts, announcement recaps, and editorial linkbuilding opportunities
- Create ongoing goals, track outreach and results, and report results to senior management
The Skills You Need
- 4-8 years of PR experience in an agency setting or equivalent experience with agency model of outreach
- Macro understanding of the digital media landscape and landing strategic placements
- Micro understanding of SEO value inherent in PR
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Business or related field preferred
- Experience creating unique, exciting pitches and working with press contacts
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities
- Excited by the opportunity to play a key role in a fast-moving startup environment
- Ability to break goals into strategic elements, manage stakeholders, and track results
- Ability to manage and organize 100+ incoming emails a day
- A love for the outdoors is a plus!
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Portland, Oregon office. Greater Portland area applicants will be given first consideration.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will be in contact with you if we decide to move on to the interview phase.
Please title your email “PR Manager”.
From tech jobs to writing jobs to client services jobs – see all the job openings at The Dyrt here!