Who We Are
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with the largest collection of campground reviews in the US. We’re improving the way 45+ million Americans search for campgrounds the same way Yelp changed how we look for restaurants.
Who You Are
You love writing, and you love other people seeing what you write. So, you’ve spent time understanding the fundamentals of SEO. Maybe you have optimized your own blog or you have worked with a company to increase a company’s search presence. As an experienced writer, you’re ready to help us increase article reach and grow our editorial network. You have experience working successfully in a group environment and can report to multiple team leads.
What You’ll Do
You will be editing and optimizing writing for search. You will be responsible for developing relationships with new promotional partners, which will consist of regular email follow-ups and phone calls. You will wear many hats with the mission of growing The Dyrt Magazine and improving our editorial presence on the web.
- SEO Writing: Article updates in The Dyrt Magazine and descriptions for campground listings on The Dyrt
- Production: Assist in the preparation of new issues of The Dyrt Magazine, including but not limited to sourcing illustrators, influencer outreach, and guest editor management
- Outreach: Write enticing, personalized email campaigns to improve distribution of The Dyrt’s articles and encourage authentic link creation
- Distribution: Occasionally assist marketing team with tasks such as project research, influencer nurturing, and other promotional methods to various digital communities like Reddit and The Facebook Campfire
- Degree in journalism, English, creative writing, communications, marketing, PR or related field preferred
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and tools
- Experience writing and editing original editorial content
- Proven success with independent research and organization
- Experience integrating with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Must be knowledgable of outdoor topics
- Bonus if you have had your own blog that ranks in search
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time contract position in our Portland, Oregon, office. All applicants must live in or near Portland, or be willing to relocate.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact with you if we decide to move on to the interview phase.
Please title your email “Editorial Assistant”