What’s in your First Aid Kit?

What’s in your first aid kit? Did you make your own or do you use a prepackaged one? Which prepackaged ones are worth purchasing? I’m looking to make some changes to mine and considering all options.

I have two first aid kits that I often carry. For bigger trips, I purchased an Adventure Medical Kit and added a few items - knife, lighter, luekotape, medicine. For smaller trips, I compiled my own ultralight kit.

1 Like

I have a travel kit and one specifically for short trips. I take the travel kit which is much more extensive when I am road tripping and slid it in for longer hikes to my pack. The smaller is great for every day and short hikes of a mile or less. The larger kit has everything from a cold compress to bandaids, KT tape and gauze to extra batteries for a flashlight should I be stuck somewhere for a lengthy amount of time or need to alert someone. There is a solar blanket and basic medications. For the smaller kit I actually have very similar items to Troy but I also carry a needle and thread travel kit most of the time in it.

1 Like

I keep a car FA kit and a camping FA kit. Car carries the basics: antiseptic, soaps, alcohol, bandages, motrin etc. Camping goes in depth with additional items: sutures, bandages, butterflies, gauze wraps, CPR shield, foil blankets, saline…

1 Like

I put mine together myself, and then bought a tiny first aid kit shell to put it in that suited my needs. I got the hard shell case which is about 3 x 5 on Amazon for about $4. Assorted Band-Aids, a little bit of antiseptic, tweezers, athletic tape is awesome! It serves the purpose of Band-Aids as well as blister protection and hotspot protection. A little bit of basic medication, that sort of thing.

1 Like

Neosporin, bandages, Benadryl

I am a Girl Scout and a mom and an avid backcountry hiker so my first aid kit is actually a tactical first aid kit that I bought and then modified…I took out the Israeli battle dressing bandage and then added my own pieces like a tourniquet, mole skin, extra triangle bandages and some meds. I also got my wilderness first aid certification. So far all I’ve ever needed was a band-aid and the moleskin, but best to be prepared especially since I find myself so often miles and miles away from help.