What music do you like to listen to while camping

I rarely listen to music while camping, but on the longer trips with no human contact i seem to get a little “buggy” around day 5 so on those days i will paddle with some low volume CCR.

1 Like

Bonny Doon is a lesser known group that I dig when out in nature. Tends to be my go to choice while driving away after a long hike

1 Like

@sandrato It’s funny you mention that you listen to music at a reasonable volume while sitting by the fire. Last week, we were camping at a state park in Iowa and thank goodness the sites were spaced a generous distance apart because even with this spacing, a couple in the site next to us played music very loudly (and sang along to it). At least most of it was music we enjoyed and they did knock it off around 9:30 pm!

Listening to Bonny Doon now - a spacial and low key sound (especially the “Longwave” album).

1 Like

10 PM, time to turn on the loud “throat-clearing” album! :wink:

1 Like

Jason Isbell. Paul Simon. Joni Mitchell. Radiohead. father john misty. These come to mind from recent trips

But only inside the camper while cooking meals. No music outside! I don’t want to hear other people’s music and I won’t make them hear mine!

2 Likes

We camp to enjoy nature so rarely have any music going. Maybe when doing dishes but that’s about it unless we are camping with a group.

I agree with the comments above, I don’t want to hear your music regardless of whether it suits my taste or not.

2 Likes

hahaha. 12 Comedy Points for that one

2 Likes

To be honest, I really like jazz on the guitar. This is the most live music in the world. Watching a performance at a jazz club is an incredible feeling. These are the times when you really enjoy your life

We usually listen to Jimmy Buffett’s music for that happy ocean side feel, but also morning’s we are serenaded by Izzy (Israel Kamakawiwoʻol) who is a wonderful ukulele player.

1 Like

To be honest, I prefer the blues. I remember the first time my father took me to a bar where some blues band from a neighboring state was playing. This performance made me fall in love with the blues. Now my heart belongs to this style forever.

I came across jazz CDs with Ray Charles and Freddie Hubbard when I was moving a house. I remember listening to them when I was a kid. I was absolutely keen on jazz music back then and I was dreaming of vintage Harmony Rocket jazz guitar. Of course I could only dream of it and got a mediocre jazz guitar for one of my birthdays. Recently I found it on the attic and decided to brush up a little. I looked through some [jazz guitar books](https://www.chordmelodyguitarmusic.com/jazz-guitar-tab-tablature-books-DVDs.htm) on and it seems that I forgot most of what Ive ever learnt. Luckily, learning with proper literature turned out to be much easier and faster than I expected. After a week I even managed to play some tunes that I remember from childhood.

I thought I responded to this already, but nope…

I am a Bass Player primarily, and music is important to me, but obviously that won’t work well around a campfire, so I drag out my acoustic guitar, and do some ultra easy strum along stuff that my wife and I both like, notably John Denver, Jimmy Buffet, etc… Nothing radical, nothing loud, and nothing late.

I do keep the music to a minimum at camp though, the music of the forest itself is rather soothing enough, but in the evenings, when the camp neighbors kids are screaming and running around, a little sing along with friends and family goes a long way…