What is everyone looking forward to most about 2020 Camping Season?

I had plans much like the rest of us for earlier season camping but with it now looking like it will begin a bit later how does that change everyone’s plans?? What are you now looking forward to most???

1 Like

Keeping aspirations simple – with current plans on hold, just looking forward to weekends in the sun with the dogs, a pile of wood, and brisk mornings. Maybe some longer trips but that’ll be the gravy on top for me

3 Likes

nice simplicity in planning… as soon as the world clears up I just know the house won’t be seeing me for a little bit…lol

1 Like

What about you @Bunny any destinations you’re training your compass towards?

1 Like

Not sure entirely. I am currently putting together an interactive map of all the places I have been for my website and it is definitely making me more and more aware of a few places I have BIG gaps in travel. So I might start looking into those areas, although many of them are more northern so really it will ultimately depend on what time we are all able to get back to somewhat normal life. If all else fails I have many locations in the southwest and south east I love to visit but still could further explore!!! Any good suggestions…???

I am hoping to get back to Glacier this July if the world is right by then, but I’m not counting on it. Also on my radar for this summer is the Superior Trail. I’ve been to both, and they both rate a return. Idaho really surprised me last summer, wouldn’t mind heading back there. There is a lot in the Southwest region I’d like to check out, but summer heat in the southwest? Mmm, might just head north.

1 Like

I was super looking forward to staying at North Pines in Yosemite mid week in May but now that’s off the table. I’m not really into making plans until things are more settled, which is a bummer.

1 Like

I only have one camping trip so far- I need to explore dyrt listings, hipcamp, tentrr, and airbnb some more for opportunities nearby. Does anyone have any websites that I’m forgetting?

1 Like

some great places out there… and I have chatted with some of my friends in other places and noticed they have said some the campsites will start rolling open soon…

At this point, what I’m looking forward to most is actually going. Going through this forum site, and through some of my old pictures is giving me the itch. I’m ready to get outdoors.

1 Like

Looking forward to just getting outside and seeing some different scenery, something other than our house :stuck_out_tongue: waking up to the sound of nature.

1 Like

Same!!! I found that Oklahoma parks were open for day use so there is one not far from the Texas border so we finally at least were able to get out and hike. It was great!! And everyone is concerned with social distancing which I understand but we had no issues with encountering other people out there… people were there yes but no one was congregating even in parking lots or trailheads… it was HEAVEN!!!

1 Like

We were supposed to celebrate and congratulate my kiddo’s accomplishment of Bar Mitzvah with a week long trip to Yellowstone National Park. We are worried that this might not happen this year and all of our early camping plans went to dust, obviously, as did everyone else’s I know :frowning:. We are watching the situation closely and hoping that we will get some camping in this year even if it is just here in Virginia. We are still looking forward to Yellowstone! Fingers crossed that it happens sooner than later :slight_smile:

We decided to take the guessing out of it with all the regs in place due to the pandemic and just leased a permanent spot on a lake for the season. We get to keep our camper at the lake and go there every weekend. Still get to camp, fish, kayak, and hike. The owner of the grounds has guidelines that are in place to socially distance and they are being enforced. We are looking forward to spending the summer and fall there on the weekends!

We’ve still been camping these past few weeks, just boondocking in the national forest in VA/TN. But we are going a bit stir crazy and can’t wait to TRAVEL!!! Had planned to head to Idaho/Montana for the summer months. Going to volunteer on an organic farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains starting this week…until we can get back on the road officially. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Can’t wait to just be.

1 Like

good luck!!! I was looking at going to the pnw and spend some time in the Idaho/montana area as well but finding camping along the way to getting there and then with their 14 day quarantine uncertainty currently I have put that on pause at least for a few more weeks. watching all this play out and spending time in the outdoor spaces a bit closer to home… but it has allowed me to find some great campgrounds within only a few hours of the house!!!

well put… who would have ever thought that just being able to be was a thing…

I have found some private sites open and will be social distancing in nature.

We just had to cancel our June’s camping trip to Diamond Lake, OR. It would have been a 2nd Annual camping trip with another family friend but we’re currently in the midst of moving + my husband’s just started a new job so taking off mid-week is just not possible at the moment.

However, if circumstances permit, we would love to visit Crater Lake again. We were there last summer during the same time we first camped at Diamond Lake. It was breathtakingly beautiful.