What are some of your favorite in camp activities?

After all the planning, prepping, packing, and traveling- you’ve made it to your campsite. Now what? When you’re not out exploring, how do you spend your time at the campsite?

1 Like

After all that work I’d have to say that my absolute favorite thing to do is relax in the outdoors. Sitting down, taking a deep breath and just absorbing my surroundings and seeing, hearing, feeling and touching what nature has to offer. Now with my family we like to play various board games and my wife and I play card games and read a lot.

2 Likes

I tend to read a lot when camping, and play lots of board games :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once we are all set up and the dogs are settled in the camper we usually crack open a beer, sit back and watch everyone else set up. We do walk the campground a lot to see everyone’s campsite after breakfast, lunch and dinner.

3 Likes

Take time to teach the kids about some natural feature, play pigs or LCR, pie iron and smores fun, people or wildlife watching (depends on the campsite)

2 Likes

Like Shannon, people watching when in a developed campground! Lying in the hammock. Cooking over the fire. Playing cards.

1 Like

We do all of the same stuff ( reading, exploring, people watching, animal watching, etc…) I bring my coloring books and sharpies and color or sometimes I’ll crochet.

2 Likes