What are some of your favorite in camp activities?

After all the planning, prepping, packing, and traveling- you’ve made it to your campsite. Now what? When you’re not out exploring, how do you spend your time at the campsite?

2 Likes

After all that work I’d have to say that my absolute favorite thing to do is relax in the outdoors. Sitting down, taking a deep breath and just absorbing my surroundings and seeing, hearing, feeling and touching what nature has to offer. Now with my family we like to play various board games and my wife and I play card games and read a lot.

3 Likes

I tend to read a lot when camping, and play lots of board games :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once we are all set up and the dogs are settled in the camper we usually crack open a beer, sit back and watch everyone else set up. We do walk the campground a lot to see everyone’s campsite after breakfast, lunch and dinner.

3 Likes

Take time to teach the kids about some natural feature, play pigs or LCR, pie iron and smores fun, people or wildlife watching (depends on the campsite)

2 Likes

Like Shannon, people watching when in a developed campground! Lying in the hammock. Cooking over the fire. Playing cards.

2 Likes

We do all of the same stuff ( reading, exploring, people watching, animal watching, etc…) I bring my coloring books and sharpies and color or sometimes I’ll crochet.

3 Likes

Dominoes is the go to game, lots of reading, enjoying time together and enjoying being unplugged.

2 Likes

Smores! But the in the hammock with a book is also a good option!

Pine Creek Adventures
Instagram

1 Like

I read a lot, we watch a show on my Fire tablet every couple of nights, and we go to bed early but we don’t go to sleep (yup, I went there).
Oh, and we hike a lot and look for fungi (my partner is a mycologist).

2 Likes

I would prefer to read and play games with my family.

1 Like

Rock painting (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1321073407917947), walking and resting while enjoying the campfire.

1 Like

I lay around in my hammock a lot, sometimes reading sometimes just swinging, to the point where it’s almost antisocial.

I do enjoy playing games though. Some less common easy games that work well for camping are hive and the royal game of ur. I also will often relearn how to play dungeons and dragons, since that isn’t in my usual repertoire of hobbies.

3 Likes

What a great idea! That would be fun with little ones!

1 Like

After a long day of hiking, biking or exploring, we like to sit back, crack open a bottle, grill up some dinner. Afterwards we usually take a walk and look up at the night sky. The stars are often best while camping. For me, that’s the best part of any camping trip…

1 Like

For me hiking and photography go hand in hand. My wife thinks is slows us down a little bit, which it does, but she is a patient woman. My thing is black & white, that film stuff. I do shoot anything and everything and there are those nights. I just can’t resist. This was at Flanner Beach in NC.

2 Likes