Thermolite Bag Liners

I just bought the Sea to Summit Thermolite Reactor Plus to add to my winter bag for a harsh winter night.

I also have a more bulky bag liner I use for car camping/regular camping.

Has anyone used the Sea to Summit series for winter backpacking?

What’s your opinion about it? I just opened it up and it’s almost a net like material.

I’m wondering if it would just be better to pack a sled with my more bulky liner over using this and being cold mid-winter.

It gets near 0F here on occasion. I just broke into the idea that camping does not have to be seasonal. I enjoy snowshoeing but have not paired that with backpacking yet. There’s a first for everything.

I have the sea to summit liner and it works well. I agree, it does seem very thin and questionable but I think its a good bang for it’s size and weight. However, I will say haven’t camped as cold as 0. I’ve used the liner with my 40 degree bag on nights in the 20s and was satisfied though. Side note, I’ve also used it as more of a blanket when sleeping in warmer weather (70s-80s overnight) and it serves it purpose well for this too.

1 Like

I made myself a Christmas present and bought a Sea to Summit liner, and in spite of the fact that it looks very thin, it does its job perfectly: Sea to Summit keeps the warm and it’s so comfortable.

I’m a new member of your forum and would like to ask for some advice. Will Sea to Summit liner be perfect for me or I should try another one?

My husband and I also made each other a perfect gift Sea to Summit liners, I really like them for their light weight and their property to keep the warm. Moreover my kids also have had the possibility to test all the functions of the liners. We don’t take them camping and don’t allow to take our equipment so they have to use their imagination and everyday’s materials. I was impressed with how my kids have been able to build a tent by using a weighted blanket from our bedroom, but the bigger shock have been seeing them sleeping in Sea to Summit liners. In conclusion if you think that Sea to Summit liners are too thin use a blanket.