States Opening Up

Reopening Massachusetts campgrounds in Phase 1 - May 25

With respect to campgrounds, the Order provides that campgrounds can open in Phase 1, provided, however, that individual campsites with cabins and campsites for self-contained recreation vehicles, be used by single household groups, and provided further that all common areas, excluding bathrooms, are closed. This means that campgrounds are limited to opening sites for (1) self-contained Recreational Vehicles (RVs), trailers, and motorhomes (units with holding tanks, bathroom, shower, and cooking facilities) and (2) rental units, such as cabins and YURTS, and other rental accommodations provided by the campground (with their own bathroom and holding tanks) and in both cases where full hook-up and/or self-containment are available (together, “Self-Contained Units”).

Some of my favorite spots are in NC. Everything was closed: campgrounds, dispersed, trailheads, no access to AT even. May 9, they opened trails and dispersed, but campgrounds remain closed as of today. I found it impossible to get accurate information online. It was all conflicting. So I called the ranger station in the district I wanted to camp in and left a message. No one is manning the ranger stations, but they get messages and return calls. When the ranger called, I asked what the best way was to get accurate info and she said best bet is to call as I did. So I would suggest that to anyone looking to bug out, to make sure where you are going is ready for you.

Florida is starting to open up view https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/current-travel-safety-information.html for more info

• Most Florida beaches are open. A county-by-county list appears below.

• The Florida State Parks system is reopening select parks and trails for restricted recreational use. For more information, click here.

• Most facilities and events at Florida’s national parks are closed or canceled, but outdoor spaces in some parks remain accessible to the public. Before visiting, please check with individual parks regarding changes to park operations.

• Florida’s visitor centers are closed. Rest stops remain open.

1 Like

Starting July 1, Maine will allow out-of-state campers to camp without the 14-day quarantine if they can attest to having a negative covid-19 test no more than 3 days prior to their arrival. They’re also waiving the quarantine for campers for NH and VT who have also had low covid-19 rates.

https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine/keepmainehealthy/faqs

1 Like