Packrafting: who does it? What's your setup? Favorite trips?

Does anyone go packrafting? What’s your setup? Tell us about your favorite trips?

I think my packraft is my favorite piece of gear. I’ve taken it out on lakes and down river for camping on islands. It’s opened up so many possibilities and my setup (PFD, raft, and paddle weighs less than 5 pounds).

I did not know those existed, how cool. Are they durable enough for some rough water? I’ve never been, but Devils River State Natural area in south Texas looks amazing. It’s a goal to kayak the 40 mile trip down to Lake Amistad,

Old post, still going to post. :laughing: What is your setup Derek? I’ve been looking at the Kokopelli Nirvana but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

1 Like

I use a Klymit LWD it’s only rated for up to class two rapids but the entires setup (raft, paddle, and PFD) weighs around 4 pounds so it’s super lightweight. I’ve used it on rivers and lakes and have take it out on overnights on the Delaware River. It’s awesome. kokopelli has a great rep. My packraft is probably my favorite piece of gear from an enjoyment standpoint.