Maine Camping Fall 2020

Maine State Parks seem to have no availability at all for early October. What’s up with that? Could this be a COVID closed state for Camping? Any great suggestions in Acadia on an oceanfront lot?

Planning a trip to Acadia next month ( If allowed) I have never been there. I think it was the USDA website that said they will be taking reservations come 8/1

@Eli_M This is great news. I heard that you must have a reservation as the state park will not take drop ins. I also heard that the New England states are allowed in but some states require a COVID test 72 hours prior to arrival.

@Nita_D I read recently that Acadia NP was still closed which may explain why you cannot see availability for a later date. I don’t know when it will open back up. We were there in September last year so I hope you can make it - it was a great time of year to visit.

@bbvanlife I’m really excited to go and believe I’ll see Acadia many times in the future. I agree the issue is COVID and it looks like it may reopen in August.

You can also try the Maine Parks New canvas tent sites. Installed by Tentrr.com but I’m not sure about the bookings.