Let's introduce ourselves!

Yes…and I really can’t just take 5 weeks off to hike it straight through…you know…silly things like work and the rest of my family😉

When I was hiking the New England 67 4000- footers, I found I had to be intentional about it to her it done. Sounds like you’ve done just that! All the best in your endeavor!

Don’t know how old your daughter is, but have you read this book? I don’t have kids, but I enjoyed it: Up: A Mother and Daughter’s Peakbagging Adventure https://www.amazon.com/dp/030795207X/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_P174EbNAM26AN

1 Like

@dirtysox Here is my adventure journal form our trip - you might get some ideas here. https://notacluegal.wordpress.com/ Also if on your trip you are going from Grand Canyon South to N, Zion etc. you should research tunnels http://www.zionnational-park.com/sb9.htm

Hi there!

I am Renee & I am from central Ohio. My husband, son & I love the outdoors. You will mainly find us in our camper but we have been known to use our tents & hammocks too. I love anything to do with the outdoors. If I am not camping you can find me fly fishing, hiking, assisting with trash cleanups, kayaking, and the list can go on forever. Here is a more recent picture of my sons first backpacking trip. camping|666x500

2 Likes

We are from st rose, 12 year triplets and my husband and I

2 Likes

Hey! I love your tent :slight_smile:

Im Chris! My wife is Christie, so we are easy to remember.
We typically hit the beach in the summer (the cabins at 1st Landing State Park are perfect for this!).
And then break out the tents in the Autumn/Fall.

Crabtree falls (Perkins mill rd. Or Montebello) are our favorite spots.

Looking to branch out a bit this year & explore. May even hit Idaho!

The outdoors are good for the soul!

2 Likes

Hey guys! I’m Kirsten from North Carolina and love hiking, camping and traveling with our kids! We are car campers and backpackers (again) now that the kids are big enough! I look forward to sharing experiences and great campsites!

3 Likes

Denny and Rita Moore, here from Cumming, Ga.
DSC01643

2 Likes

Hi Robyn! I’m in the Philly 'burbs too! Maybe we can bounce our local-ish experiences off each other. :slightly_smiling_face: Lots of great camping around here!!

1 Like

Hello all. I’m Bill and my family and two Chihuahuas camp primarily in South Carolina State Parks. We typically camp one weekend a month and take at least one full week and camp each year. We have a 2017 Forest River Rockwood Premier 2516G that we call home during our camping trips.

I was happy to see the email today letting me know about this community. Whoever invited me, thanks!

My name is Marcy. My husband and I live in Alabama. We have 4 daughters. One recent college grad, one in grad school, one is an undergrad, and one in high school. We are entering a new season in life–ability to camp sans kids!

We tent camp. Lately, it’s actually glamping, but I plan to get back to primitive camping soon. Just have to get my husband on board. He prefers a cabin with a hottub. :wink: I still consider myself a camping newbie–never camped until I was an adult. I’ve done a little backpacking with my brother. Pics are from recent trip to the Bankhead National Forest.

War Eagle!

1 Like

yes yes and yes!!! I would love to be able to find some fun new hikes and engage with others who enjoy different kinds of hikes!!

2 Likes

Judy from Arizona
Retired but still only camping weekends and vacations. Hope to be able to make longer trips in the future.

Travel with our Chi mix

4 Likes

How well do you like that butane stove, and have you used it in low temps? We’re looking to finally replace our 20 year old Coleman dual burner, and thinking about two of those single butanes.

Incognito car camping is pretty awesome. :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi, everyone! My name is Tom, and I’m hooked on adventure. Lots to catch up with here.
Anyway, I’ve been camping, hiking, backpacking, fishing, paddling, etc., since I was a kid. I’ve lived all around the country, but I’m back in the Pacific NW, where I spent my formative years. I’m a writer and photographer on the brink of retirement.
My wife and I are about to embark on a cross-country road trip for a family memorial gathering, departing around June 29 from Portland, OR. We’ll be car camping in a hurry on the way to Indiana, and then taking our time on the way back, coming home through Boulder and Tahoe areas, and then heading north. We normally would have flown, but not these days.
I’ll be posting in various threads, so I look forward to learning from all of you!

2 Likes

Hi gang!

My wife and I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. We recently sold our Wolf Pack toy hauler and bought a Rockwood Geo Pro 16TH toy hauler.

We primarily use our trailer for BBQ and steak competitions within 3 hours of home, but most of those have been cancelled this year so we’re going camping this weekend!!

image|375x500

2 Likes

I love the stove. I got it from Walmart for $20 maybe 4 years ago. I’ve used it in as low as 25F weather, it was able to somewhat boil water enough for a cup of tea/coffee at that temp. Otherwise it has done great in 40+ temps.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Kathleen, originally from Chicago, living in Los Angeles, recently got back into camping so I’m hoping to find great spots, tips, inspiration. California camping has a lot to offer, but want to make it up to Oregon and Washington. I’m a comfortable car camper, but if I was given the keys to a conversion van I would first travel to all the NP’s, then to all of the baseball stadiums around the US.

5 Likes