Ideal 2 person bumper pull

Hello fellow campers!

My husband and I have been on the hunt for a smaller pull-behind camper. It’s just the 2 of us plus our 2 dogs who go camping and I’ve loved some feedback on brands and layouts that y’all have had experience with. We will be buying used.

To give a little context:

• We used to have a skoolie that we renovated ourselves. We enjoyed the process, but found that 1- we were always driving a second vehicle, which wasn’t a good use of our time. 2- We weren’t going out often enough and we were concerned that the lack of running the engine would be bad in the long term.
  • We’d like a queen bed and a full bath.
  • We don’t want to upgrade vehicles, so between 18-25 feet and less than 6000 preferred.
  • Most of our camping is in the south, so good AC and insulation is a plus
  • If anyone has actually flipped an RV like this, I’d love to know. I will be doing some renovations.

Thanks!

We bought an rpod 180. It is 20 ft. Has queen bed, full bath. It’s me and husband and 2 large dogs. We use dining area as dog bed :grin:. We live in Florida so a/c is a must. It works great but LOUD. We love it!!

2 Likes

We’ve been checking out Rpods! Those doggos look like they’re living the life. :smiley:

Two years ago we bought a 2012 Coleman 14’ (inside) 17’ outside x 8’ wide in primo condition. Private sale for $5,500 (included sway bars & hitch). 2 Adults and 1 large Saluki dog. We bring tons of extra crap when we camp and it’s more like “glamping”. This trailer is lightweight at 2639 lbs and our 2009 Jeep Liberty pulls it just fine. It has a toilet w/shower, 3 burner stove, microwave, single sink & refridge. 201 2Dutchmen_Coleman14FD floorplan