Hot Springs in California?

Just curious which hot springs people think are the best? Recently I went to the hot springs in Sequoia National FOREST - which were free and pretty cool! They smelled strongly of sulfur but it was easy enough to camp (also free) and hike down to the baths. I stayed late into the night and watched the stars with about four other people I met down there.

I checked out Travertine Hot Springs near Bodie, just a short way outside of Yosemite and it was pretty cool. There was no relief from the sun, so it wouldn’t be great for summer or midday. When I was there I didn’t notice a smell and during my visit in fall I was there alone the majority of my visit.

There is no camping at the spring itself but you can camp along the roadside in a few pull outs. The views are pretty amazing from this point!!

1 Like

There are a few others within an hour of Travertine. The popular ones in Mammoth Lakes are Wild Willy’s. They’re crowded but there is a lot of space and can’t beat the views!

1 Like

Does anyone know if/when Sykes Hot Springs near Big Sur are open again?

Awesome I will have to put that on my list for next time I travel that way. I always love to find a good hot spring but since I travel solo don’t always love encountering a bunch of people.

1 Like

Exploring hot springs in California can lead to some incredible experiences. It sounds like your recent trip to the hot springs in Sequoia National Forest was quite an adventure, with the natural sulfur pools and stargazing. What a fantastic way to unwind and connect with nature!
If you’re on the lookout for more hot springs to explore in California, you might want to check out Deep Creek Hot Springs In Southern California – MK Library. It provides information about Deep Creek Hot Springs in Southern California, offering details about the location, how to get there, and what to expect during your visit.