Headed to KY...any must stay places?

We’re headed to Louisville in a few weeks and are looking for local places to camp, hike, and kayak. Any suggestions?

Ain’t really much in Louisville. Plenty within an hour. But everything is closed till end of May.
Kayak Floyd’s fork. Camp and hike at Jefferson memorial forest. Really good hiking at bernheim forest / arbitrium (sp?) Which is about 15-20 minutes south of Louisville.
I live here (Louisville)
Where are you coming? I only ask because there is a lot more to do east of here about 100 miles in Daniel Boone national forest.
Unfortunately Louisville is a big city. And while they have a lot of city parks and a decent system of trails. If you’re looking to get away from the hustle and bustle Louisville isn’t the place.

Mammoth Cave National Park is about 1.5 hours south of Louisville. Just off I65. There is camping in the park when things open back up.

There is also a cool campground right outside of the national park, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Mammoth Cave. They have cabins and are open for self-container camping for now. None of their bathhouses are opened back up yet.

Hope this helps!