Do You Carry A Camping Toilet?

I purchased a Camco Premium Portable Travel Toilet 2.6 gallon. It is very convenient and doesn’t take up a lot of space. I made a cover, which matches my trailer, so it looks better than plain plastic. I have a small trailer, Sunray 109, and there is room for it inside along with a cot sized bed, and cat litter box. ( I haven’t taught him how to use the Camco). It also doubles as a seat and there is no smell. For one person it would probably be useful for 1-2 weeks. Anything bigger is heavy to clean and carry when full of water.

I’m on my 2nd portable toilet. I started with a luggable loo, I.E. a toilet seat that snaps onto a 5 gallon bucket, and uses plastic bags with a congealing gel that captures waste similarly to clumping cat litter. Which of course you could use kitty litter as well. This worked wonderfully under I got married. My wfie is having none of the pooping in a bucket…

So I have since upgraded to a Jaxpety 5 gallon flushing portable toilet. And the reason I chose it to be 100% blunt, is the rated capacity is well above my weight. I’m fat and I have to consider weight when selecting gear…

Simultaneously cause and effect of the weight issue, I have degenerative disk disorder that causes fairly constant Sciatica, so bending down too far is really out of the question. The 5 gallon Jaxpety is within 1/2" of the height of my toilet at home. so my hip doesn’t bend too far, I have placed it on a cut to size foam anti fatigue foam pad that gives me about 3/4" of height that helps.

With just my wife and I using it, we can get around a week before we absolutely must dump it, although I prefer to to dump before I hit day 4, just from a weight, and a disgusting factor.

We used park bathrooms and showers for years, but several places we camp, such as festivals, just don’t have facilities, or the facilities to be blunt are dangerously filthy. I.E. on one trip to the Guadalupe River camping, there were used syringes on the floor of the showers…

With the high touch surfaces in bathrooms and COVID, and the fact that both the wife and I are high risk, you bet we are going to have our own bathroom setup.

So yes, we have our own toilet and shower.

I bring a shovel when car camping, bury the poo and always pack the tp out with me. I also carry WAG bags that can handle multiple day use and dump in a compost toilet when I come up on one. I like one other post that mention kitty litter in a kitchen bag, but I think I would like to reuse my bag and buy some kitty litter. When backpacking we have to use a trowel 6-8 " deep. Very important to pack out tissue and wet wipes as they do not break down fast enough in Colorado and other high altitude states.

"If you are going on a camping trip you will need to take along some camping toilets, but what if you carry your own toilet? Do you have the space or the money to purchase and lug along a camping toilet? There is an answer to that as well. As an alternative to using the toilet facilities at the camp ground you can choose to carry your own portable camping toilet.

Camping toilets are not always easy to come by and if you carry one with you it can be a sore let down if something goes wrong while you are away from home. What if you cannot get your hands on the camping toilet accessories that you want? It is never pleasant to find yourself in an emergency bathroom and it would not be any fun to try to use the facilities when you are in need.

If you carry your own portable camping toilet, you will be able to use the facilities at the campsite without any problems. You will be able to sit down and use the facilities in comfort and not worry about whether the toilet will work or not. You can carry your own toilet and it can be an eco-friendly type as well. When you are planning your next camping trip, you should make sure that you have all of the camping toilet accessories that you will need."

I carry a Thetford (forget the model)… as a direct result of nearly falling backward into a cat hole after use…

No matter which brand you select get one that is big enough the Thetford that I have verges on being to small (good only for me for a week end; some times I’m full of it, temporarily)… get, at least, the middle sized one.

Do the toilet paper in a 2 litter bottle (feed the paper from the center of the roll out the cap end) and carry a spray bottle of water (or soapy water to help clean it after use (the so called flush is pretty anemic).

Enjoy!

We have the camco toilet and used it for our first weekend trip last month. I filled the reservoir of water to rinse the bowl, and we didn’t use much of this. It was quite heavy with the reservoir filled, and next time I won’t put much in, as I can always add more water if needed. There was no odor, and it was way more convenient than going to the park’s toilet.
I ordered a composting toilet that is in production ( compo closet) but delays in shipment necessitated an alternate method.

I think it is easy to use!

Most definitely if we are headed to a campground where there are no facilities digging a hole is required. We use TRIPTIPS Foldable Toilet since its easy to carry, line it with wag bags, add poo gel to break it down the waste and carry it out.

Using my example, I want to say that it is certainly cool to take a camping toilet with you. It is convenient, comfortable, practical. But you must have enough free space to take it with you. But if you are in a car, then I think that this will not be a problem for you!

I carry one myself! Something small that does not take a lot of room inside the rig, but one that is comfortable to sit on! but yes, I usually take on with me on my trips! And with disposable bags, it makes it easier to pack out.