Dispersed Camping near Bend, OR

Does anyone have any dispersed campsites near Bend they recommend? I will be there in a couple weeks to get a roof rack for my Element and plan to head south to my parent’s place in Grants Pass, so anywhere south and off of Hwy 97 would work. Or if you have a campground you really like that might be open, let me know too.

1 Like

Down China Hat Road there is a lot of dispersed camping.
I shot this video there a few days ago with my new drone.
This was near Boyd Cave and Skeleton Cave.

There is also Walmart parking lot on south end of town.

4 Likes

That is an awesome video! Especially with all the birds. I will check out China Hat Road. If you have any coordinates of favorite spots, feel free to share!

2 Likes

I stayed here for a week a few months ago. Really simple area, but plenty of space where you can get privacy and only like 15 minutes from town!

2 Likes

Reynolds Pond. Beautiful stop east of Bend.

Thanks! I will check that out.

I will look into that too!

A lady I know indirectly has a campground in Chiloquin off 97.
On a trip to Bend and a few more years of criss crossing the state, off 97 there are some pull off places, not organized, and when I went from the north side of Crater Lake to Medford, there were lots of places along the river, just parking but lots of campers.

Thank you! I think I have a spot sorted for my upcoming trip.

Hey, here’s a tip for your rain shadow trip. Head up the Duckabush river outside Brinnon toward Collins campground. You should find plenty of spots on small roads on the river side of main road. Sorry I’m so vague, going back 35 years of memories and just dont remember exactly where places are!

My sister was in Boyd Cave several years ago, and she was impressed. Need to go camping there, video is great :grinning:

Awesome video! Actually wanted to do something like this. Not sure in the results, thinking of having this buddy. Hope I can have really good video to remember my campings :slight_smile:
Need to visit recommended Reynolds Ponds and other places, sure it will be great experience.