Camping near scotts bluff national monument

i know there’s a KOA, but I’m not a big fan of those. Any other places?

Look at Google Maps, I know there are a couple campgrounds in the shadow of Scott’s Bluff around Gering, NE but I don’t recall their names.

hello, i am from NE, Scottsbluff officially. Now it has been a while, but there were camping sites just south of the Zoo, and North of the Platte River. They now have sidewalks so you can walk along the Platte. So not sure if camp sites are still there. If not, you can always camp west of Bluffs on the Beltline Hwy going towards Mitchell. I believe there were near an RV site on north side of Belt Line hwy, maybe 3 or miles west of bluffs. If you want more out of the way, try going northeast a few miles by Lake Minatare. Not alot of disperse camping in the panhandle, as it is all private , farm land. If you know someone with land. you can always drop a tent down. There also is an RV park just below the Monument, on Hwy 71, going through Gering, north to Bluffs, it is on West side, Left just before you hit Country Club Rd. Hit me up if you need any more info. We have land there.