Campdate Stories / Outdoorsy Ideas for Valentines!

Camping is one of the most romantic getaways one could hope for on Valentines Day.

I wanted to start a thread where everyone shares their stories of fun campdates they’ve been on (with pictures), or share your outdoorsy plans for this coming Valentines day weekend!

My significant other and I plan to go winter hiking. We are going to snowshoe up a local mountain and pack the camp stove. At the top, I’ll be firing up my camp stove to make some cocoa and stay warm while we enjoy the view. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

If the Artic Blast holds out a little bit, we are going to do a little travel with our Teardrop trailer! Cold…yes…but we’ve formulated a system that keeps us cozy and who doesn’t want to have a hot beverage by a toasty campfire with a loved one on Valentine’s Day? Waaaay better than a crowded restaurant or chocolates or unnecessary “things”. Plus, two warm dogs and hopefully lots of stars!

1 Like

Here’s a picture of me and my Valentine (Kevin - being goofy) on a hike outside of Las Vegas this December. We were camping nearby and found this amazing hike. I love this picture because if you zoom into the background you can see Las Vegas where we were married by Elvis 13 years ago!

This Valentine’s Day we’ll probably head of to Mt. Hood to play in the snow. Here’s a picture of another Valentine of mine, a friend’s dog named Lou, from Mt. Hood last weekend. We look like a heart!

3 Likes

@taylor Camping this weekend in Iowa would not be for the faint of heart - it is forecasted to be the coldest one on record (below zero and way below zero with windchill) so instead we will enjoy a bottle of wine and finish planning our three week trip in April!

I just got into snowshoeing a few weeks ago (not sure what took me so long!) and a local park is doing a candlelit snowshoe trail. It’s supposed to be -2 as a high, so we might stay in instead and get a start on planning our summer camping trips.

1 Like

Agreed…here in Minnesota (even though we are HOPEFUL FOR decent weather) it’s not looking good. More likely steak and potatoes with wine and a good movie with my husband!

My Valentine and I went camping for our honeymoon at Big Springs in the Current River in southern Missouri (when it was still a state park).
That was 1973 - before everyone took photos of everything with their IPhone.

Thanks for sharing that cute camp date post! I’m trying to determine how likely it is that my cat would shred my tent :joy:

2 Likes

My boyfriend and I are headed down to Alabama for the weekend!! Literally went south for warmer weather, but OF COURSE it’s going to be colder there than here in TN. :roll_eyes:
We plan on checking out Cathedral Caverns and then stopping by Hemlock and Cherokee Falls on our way back home! :blush:

2 Likes

Valentine’s Day is supposed to be one of the coldest day we’ve had all year here with some snow. The plan is to brave the cold a while for a nice local hike or run, and then, set up a picnic, fireplace and movie in our living room.

3 Likes

We are camping right now in Western Mountains in Maine. Cozy in our Van and will spend the weekend cross country skiing. Happy Valentine’s to all!

3 Likes

We went camping in our little a-frame camper with our dogs, went hiking, snowshoeing and stayed warm with a campfire.

2 Likes

We wanted to go winter camping! But with night time temps of -35 this weekend, it wasnt gonna happen. Just dont have the gear to sleep outside at so much below zero. But, as it did get up to -11 by day, we could get out for a bit of day hiking and we have been doing some good campfire cooking in the back yard. Hot toddies in insulated mugs does the trick!

3 Likes

Looks cold but your pug seems to be cozy in that hoodie!