BLM sites in New Mexico open for camping?

Does anyone know if the Bureau of Land Management campgrounds in New Mexico are open? There seems to be a dearth of tangible information available on the BLM website.

I always find the BLM sites to be a little hazy with recent info. I believe most BLM areas are open in NM, but here’s a pretty good resource regarding most campgrounds: https://www.blm.gov/alert/nm-covid-19-updates

Also worth mentioning that their state parks are still closed to out-of-staters unless coming from some low-risk states.

1 Like

Some of the higher usage BLM sites are closed in conjunction with state covid policy

I recommend you look up the BLM district office for the area(s) you are interested in and give them a call during the day. I have had very good luck recently either getting someone on the phone or having them return my call fairly promptly (with a day or so, sometimes less). You can’t do better than hearing it directly from them.

2 Likes

Thanks, Duncan. I will give that a try.

Just wanted to pop-in with specific info on New Mexico’s recent travel restrictions:

Effective September 4, any individual traveling to New Mexico from states deemed high-risk based on COVID-positivity rates will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of their entry into New Mexico or for the duration of their stay in the state, whichever is shorter.